594 Hollowbody II Piezo?

heshion

Really wanting what appears to not exist - a McCarty 594 Hollowbody II Piezo.
The 594 scale better fits my hand size (so I can play Every Breath You Take, with F2 chords if the first or second fret - LOL)
But when I inquire about this model, I'm told to talk to a dealer for a Private Stock order.
I don't need a wood library necessarily, just a basic one that can be gigged regularly.
Anyone know if this model is even on the idea table at the factory?

I don't think that they have a piezo version of the two piece bridge, at least I haven't seen one yet.

Yes, I am asking why a one-piece piezo bridge could not be used (just like on the non-594 Hollowbody II) on a 594 to make a shorter scale version available with a Piezo option. This doesn't seem like a huge request if it's just a matter of using the one-piece piezo bridge. But it appears that the only option is a Private Stock order, for at least $4k+ more. Granted, there is different routing involved for the piezo preamp jack-panel.

It will definitely be a private stock order. They use different types of studs for the one piece bridge.

Bummer. Would really prefer a McCarty 594 version. But don't think I can begin to afford a Private Stock.

You are talking about 1/4 inch in over all length. I have a 594 and I really like the scale length. I also have an older McCarty with a 25" scale length.
I don't really notice much, if any, difference between the two necks when I play.
I too am looking at a Hollowbody II Piezo. Can only get it in the McCarty version so far as I know.

They only exist in Private Stock. Tim Pierce basically has one of these...

However, the rest of us mere mortals have to pick between the Hollowbody with the Piezo or coil splits, 25" or 24.594", Regular or more Vintage carve neck

or buy BOTH! LOL

Like I did, here's my HBii with Piezo and 594HBii

UzQSZTB.jpg

vTZuoJh.jpg

I have to ask, which to your ears sounds better? the 594 HB or the HBII?

They both sound as beautiful as they look and both share the same 58/15 LT pups. They do sound a bit different but that may be down to many things from the 594 having the CAB Nitro finish and TCI pups, to different type of bridge and scale length. They sound 'similar' enough to be interchangeable but then one can add Piezo into the tone to 'change' it and the other can offer some great split humbucker tones (maybe benefiting from the TCI process too?)

In general I use one when I want Piezo and the other when I want splits or that layout - its that simple. I'd love a PS 594HBii with Piezo bridge similar to the one Tim Pierce has, but that's why I have both.

They only exist in Private Stock. Tim Pierce basically has one of these...

However, the rest of us mere mortals have to pick between the Hollowbody with the Piezo or coil splits, 25" or 24.594", Regular or more Vintage carve neck

or buy BOTH! LOL

Like I did, here's my HBii with Piezo and 594HBii

UzQSZTB.jpg

vTZuoJh.jpg
Wow. Beautiful. Both of them. I saw the video on Tim Pierce's after I had been inquiring on getting one in that configuration. His is much nicer than I need. I'm wanting the configuration more than the woods or appointments. I'm a working musician and not a billionaire. LOL

If you ever want to part ways with your HBII Piezo, I would love to have a chance to acquire!! My McCarty HBII is my daily player and I would love having an HBII with piezo as well!!! The reason I lust for yours is the one piece top which mine has as well, but it is jade green and no Piezo!!!!

Thanks for sharing that video as well! That is one killer guitar and I of course want that one as well ;~)) Do you (or anyone else reading this) know why they have never offered this in 24 fret? I love my CU24's scale length much more than the 22 fret McCarty HBII I play every day!

Do you (or anyone else reading this) know why they have never offered this in 24 fret?

Again - Private Stock option, they have made 24 fret Hollowbodies in Private Stock.

I think that HB's are more a traditional instrument and therefore use the 22 frets and maybe means the Bridge is positoned 'better' and pick-up spacing is wider. Those extra 2 frets would make the neck 'longer' and therefore pull the bridge closer to the neck pocket to keep the same scale length - as it did with the Cu24 compared to Cu22. Being a 'Hollowbody', that 'block' that ties the back to the top and provide a solid block to mount the bridge into would also need to be 'further' forward. It basically needs a completely new template/CNC programme to carve and route out a body designed for a '24fret' neck even though the scale length is the same.

Back