594 DC semi hollow vs Cu22 semi hollow. Its the body depth and thinner top!!

Tag

I was wondering why my 594 semi hollow sounded better and more acoustic (hollow) than my beloved old cu 22 semi hollow ltd. So I did a little poking and probing. :D I did not realise the 594 has a deeper body, (Very good!) but what is really cool is the top is carved much thinner! EXCELLENT!! Killer sounding guitar!!!! Unfortunately, now I want a single cut as well.
:mad:

Glad you are happy with your new acquisition. I remember how you did not like the newer HBII models because of the thickness of the tops. You can always order a 594SCHB for delivery in the 2nd quarter of 2019 to match up with the start of the cash inflows from the spring revenues, just saying.

Glad you are happy with your new acquisition. I remember how you did not like the newer HBII models because of the thickness of the tops. You can always order a 594SCHB for delivery in the 2nd quarter of 2019 to match up with the start of the cash inflows from the spring revenues, just saying.

Thanks. I still dont like them at all. I think this sounds better. My dream guitar now is a PS McCarty HB or archtop built the original way, with the 594 tail piece, Brazilian neck and board! First up is a sc 594 SH if i can find a wl run I want. 594 SC SEMI HOLOW WITH I RW NECK, BRAZ BOARD, MAHOGANY BACK, TOP I CAN CHOOSE AND BURNT MAPLE LEAF COLOR. ANYONE DOING THEM?? $$ IS WAITING!

Back