58/15LT or DGT pickups, Out of Phase Peter Green wiring possible?

SlapTappy

Hey everyone, I have a McCarty 594 and a DGT and I've always planned to wire them up with a push-pull pot out of phase mod ala Peter Green. However now that I'm getting close to doing it I discover that these pickups have strange leads on them, one normal 2 conductor wire and one white wire protruding from the pickup base for the split coils. So it's like a 3 conductor pickup? I'm not sure if this mod is doable without 4 conductors, but I'm also an electronics novice. Is this push-pull phase mod possible with these pickups? Thanks in advance.

Not without doing some pickup surgery. Both pickup types have a single braided wire that serves as both ground and shield.

You either have to add a wire to do electric out of phase, or flip the magnet on one of the pickups for magnetic out of phase (which is not switchable).

Not without doing some pickup surgery. Both pickup types have a single braided wire that serves as both ground and shield.

You either have to add a wire to do electric out of phase, or flip the magnet on one of the pickups for magnetic out of phase (which is not switchable).

Bummer! Thanks for your help.

Back