58/15 vs. 58/15 LT vs. 58/15 LT+

EatSleepGuitar

This is purely a curiosity post, but as I understand it, the LTs were developed from the 58/15’s utilizing a lower wind. PRS claims they have different EQs as well.

So if the 58/15 is a “higher-wind” version of the LTs, then what the hell is the 58/15 LT+?
Still less winds than the 58/15 but more than the LT?

To quote Kevin Malone: “Mini cupcakes? As in a mini version of regular cupcakes which is already a mini version of cake? Honestly where does it end with you people?”

This is purely a curiosity post, but as I understand it, the LTs were developed from the 58/15’s utilizing a lower wind. PRS claims they have different EQs as well.

So if the 58/15 is a “higher-wind” version of the LTs, then what the hell is the 58/15 LT+?
Still less winds than the 58/15 but more than the LT?

To quote Kevin Malone: “Mini cupcakes? As in a mini version of regular cupcakes which is already a mini version of cake? Honestly where does it end with you people?”
The LT+ goes in the Single Cut 594, and gives a little mid push, iirc. That started in 2020. I think it gets mentioned in this video

Lo
The LT+ goes in the Single Cut 594, and gives a little mid push, iirc. That started in 2020. I think it gets mentioned in this video

Love that video, surprised I missed that.

For context, I asked because this awesome WL CU24 has the LT+‘s in lieu of the usual 85/15s, so I guess they’re not just for SCs after all!

Lo

For context, I asked because this awesome WL CU24 has the LT+‘s in lieu of the usual 85/15s, so I guess they’re not just for SCs after all!

That’s a pretty cool WL. The only “production” model that gets the + is the SC. Looks like dealers can request them in WL runs. Good to know.

Lo

Correct. I have a 2021 limited edition WL C24 with 58/15LT+ pups in it. For my taste, they are sublime.

All the comments about them only being in the SCs are fair though because, as I understand it, until fairly recently they were only in that model. In fact, the limited run my guitar is part of was wrongly advertised in two different UK dealers as 58/15LT (not the +) and still is!

SO? Are they plussy by comparison to the 85/15, or to the 85/15LT?

Ahso. Then we assume they fall between 85/15LTs and 85/15 in relative heat. That would seem to be slicing subtleties pretty thin, but it's nice to have finely calibrated choices.

Ahso. Then we assume they fall between 85/15LTs and 85/15 in relative heat. That would seem to be slicing subtleties pretty thin, but it's nice to have finely calibrated choices.
so Update!:

Was perusing the tube and came across this new video of the (massively PR'd/covered) 24k gold foiled PS Ish guitars just sold:

In the video, Jesse explains that it has the 58/15 LT +'s, and that this indicates that they've undergone the TCI process.

Take that FWIW; here's the video!

For those wondering about the 58/15 LT+ compared to the non-plus 58/15 LT, check this out here from a PRS insider:

(You've got to CLICK on this link... where it'll take you to a post from Shawn in October 2019.)

The post immediately afterward also addresses the "tci" thing.

Last edited:
It's a fun one, and definitely covered extensively (and sold in a day).

BTW, there is zero gold content in variegated and imitation gold leaves.
'24k gold leaves' is still however often used frequently used from gilding shops to describe the color and also be deceptive along the way.

'Genuine' vs 'imitation' is often added to help differentiate the two (if the seller is nice):
- Genuine gold leaves: ultra thin, usually no larger than about 3.5"x3.5". Costs around $40-60 for a book (25 leaves); maybe more these days given the price of gold.
- Imitation leaves: thicker and much larger at 5.5"x5.5". You can get 100 of those larger leaves for less than $10; covering 10x the area for 1/5-1/6th of the cost. Some are extremely convincing color-wise.
Nice insight, thanks!

Do you work for Ish or Private Stock? Gotta be one of the two

Or perhaps you’re Sebastian? With whom I keep having fortuitous run-ins

Back