58/15 MT pickups??

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
I see a certain online retailer is selling some pretty incredible looking Wood Library Custom 24/08's. They list these as having 58/15 MT pickups.

At first I thought maybe it was a typo, and they meant to say 58/15 TM, as is etched on those pups. But the description specifically says "58/15 MT pickups based on that successful design, but they're wound with fewer wire turns for even more clarity and nuance, and designed to compensate for volume loss when split to single-coil mode."

I though 58/15 LT (low turn) pickups fit that description. Anyone have more info on these 58/15 MT pups?

Last edited:
MT = multi-tap, compatible with the “08” switching system (the two mini-toggles).

To be extra confusing, the 58/15 could be LT for low turns (sounds like it given the listing description) or 58/15 regular pickups.

Guess they didn’t want to list the pickups at 58/15LT/MT :)

MT = multi-tap, compatible with the “08” switching system (the two mini-toggles).

To be extra confusing, the 58/15 could be LT for low turns (sounds like it given the listing description) or 58/15 regular pickups.

Guess they didn’t want to list the pickups at 58/15LT/MT :)
Thanks!

How about ...
58/15LT/MT™

The MTs are higher output than the LTs. At least, they sound that way to me. I think the SSH bites a little harder with the MTs than the 594 with the LTs

Are you comparing videos of the SSH to 594s or in person experience? Using the pickup difference mainly to help make a choice between the two is why I ask. Thanks!

Are you comparing videos of the SSH to 594s or in person experience? Using the pickup difference mainly to help make a choice between the two is why I ask. Thanks!

I have both a 594 and a Special Semi Hollow Ltd. I prefer the 58/15MT pickups on the SSH over the 58/15LT on the 594. Both great pickups, no doubt. I just like the splits on the MT better, and the output is a little higher than the LT. As a matter of fact, I know longer have the LT in my 594. Awesome pickups, no doubt. Just personal preference.

So far I am not a fan of the LT pickups just not enough if that makes sense, I've played ( owned ) other low output pickups ( Modern Eagle was mid 7 K )
and those were killer.
I see to like my Humbuckers in the 9K range tho I haven't measured the MTs yet
The MTs on my SSH are killer

Back