58/15 LT's avail from PRS

What I like about the Dragon 1 bridge pickup, is that it’s the only “Hot” humbucker in all of the humbucker equipped guitars that I have. So when I’m going for a totally different vibe, I reach for it.
Sure. I can see that.

Most of my guitars have lower output paf style humbuckers but my '95 and '97 CE22's have a set of Dragon 1's.

I play mostly blues on my electric guitars but it's fun to rock out sometimes!

Last edited:
What I like about the Dragon 1 bridge pickup, is that it’s the only “Hot” humbucker in all of the humbucker equipped guitars that I have. So when I’m going for a totally different vibe, I reach for it.
Me too. It's Actually the only PRS pickup set I use! All my other humbucker guitars have Tom Holmes, or Seymour Duncan Antiquitys or modified 59's.

The Dragon 1 set is great when I just want to rock out through an overdrive pedal or do saturated Santana sustain.

Last edited:
Me too. It's Actually the only PRS pickup set I use! All my other humbucker guitars have Tom Holmes, or Seymour Duncan Antiquitys or modified 59's.

The Dragon 1 set is great when I just want to rock out through an overdrive pedal or do saturated Santana sustain.
Better amend that!

I now have a Stripped 58 and a Bernie Marsden, both with the Core 57/08 pickups.

Love 'em! Thick and chewy. Just a little bit hotter than most PAF's. That's the tone I've been looking for.

Last edited:
57/08s are the best ever. I did buy a set of the LTs for my SE594, though. Hope they are as killer as the LTs in my old 2016 594. Too bad the new LTs are TCI...

How far apart are the 58/15 LT set from the 57/08 set other than the 57/08 set having more output?
They have a different frequency balance. The 57/08s are warmer sounding with more mids. The 58/15 LTs have a bit more emphasis in the treble, and are a bit brighter and more clear.

Pickups aren't just about output, there are other tone shapers.

I love both, actually, but the 57/08 is still my favorite PRS PAF style humbucker. Though I still have to make a trip to pick up that DGT, so there's always the possibility I might love those as well.

Come to think of it, I really like the 85/15s, too. I'm a slut.

Back