58/15 LT+

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
I've read the PRS description for the 2020 594SC twice now, but they don't seem to define what the "+" means?
Wouldn't a 58/15LT+ just be a 58/15? or perhaps a 58/15 "-"?
I'm really just being a smartazz, but throwing some of these terms out without a real explanation seems like hype. Perhaps I missed a post or Youtube vid that explains it?
I understand LT=low turns=slightly lower output and greater clarity, is the "+" some of the turns added back?

So confused.........

But I love the new models!

Looking at the product pages, the other McCartys are still listed as 58/15 LT ... so either the product pages need to be updated, or ... something.

Yeah, it seems that the SC594 is the only one with the LT+ terminology. Wonder if it's just an oversight or if it's truly different in some way.

Looking at the product pages, the other McCartys are still listed as 58/15 LT ... so either the product pages need to be updated, or ... something.

Yeah, it seems that the SC594 is the only one with the LT+ terminology. Wonder if it's just an oversight or if it's truly different in some way.

I believe the standard 2019 McCarty had 58/15 pickups. So it looks like they’ve now gotten moved to 58/15LT, like the doublecut 594. The write up on the pages for each says that these LT pickups have gone through TCI process. Didn’t say that before. The 58/15LT+ has as well, but those only seem to be going into the SC.

I've read the PRS description for the 2020 594SC twice now, but they don't seem to define what the "+" means?
Wouldn't a 58/15LT+ just be a 58/15? or perhaps a 58/15 "-"?
I'm really just being a smartazz, but throwing some of these terms out without a real explanation seems like hype. Perhaps I missed a post or Youtube vid that explains it?
I understand LT=low turns=slightly lower output and greater clarity, is the "+" some of the turns added back?

So confused.........

But I love the new models!

The neck joint will effect the tone of a guitar, so if all things were equal, a Singlecut would sound differently than a double cutaway guitar. The 58/15LT+ pickups are tuned specifically for a Singlecut neck joint.

The neck joint will effect the tone of a guitar, so if all things were equal, a Singlecut would sound differently than a double cutaway guitar. The 58/15LT+ pickups are tuned specifically for a Singlecut neck joint.

Thanks Shawn, I was hoping you'd chime in!

Are 58/15LT+ available on the doublecut 594 and are they tuned differently?

Dude! I love info like this! I never would have imagined someone would bother to "tune" a pickup specifically for the body shape/neck joint it is going to be installed in. Sure, someone might swap pickups and find one better than the other in a certain body, but that is post-manufacturing swaptronics, not intent in the design stage.

Cool!

Greetings...long time lurker....!

I finaly ordered a dc 594 in december of 2018. It wont be delivered untill jan 2020. My understanding of "TCI" ...is that its a tunig process...not a physically different pickup. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

if that is indeed the case will guitars delivered in 2020 have gone through that TCI process?

Or...is there a way to request that (and pay difference if applicable to a build in process?)

Ty

Ok, I have a new found appreciation for Paul's commitment to detail.

Thank you.

If you watch the Tim Pierce video, you would hear that the new 594 isn't just a pickup tweak and the change to the tuners/finish. The adjustable saddle part of the bridge has been set lower and the thumbscrews have been 'shaved' for better transference to the body. Throughout the 35yrs that PRS have been making guitars as a company, the one thing I thing no-one can argue with regardless of whether you like the instruments or not, is Paul's attention to detail and constant quest to improve - even if they are the 'best' and/or considered the 'best' they can be.

With the knowledge gained from the Silver Sky leading to the TCI Pick-ups in Paul's guitar, the next step was to make all their other guitars with Splitting capabilities to benefit from TCI which is what we are seeing. I am surprised at the change of finish for 2020 which could be seen by some as a downgrade if it doesn't last as long or be as protective as the current finish and I know others we see it as an upgrade - just depends on perspective but I do think the 'vintage tuners' are a downgrade. Visually, I much prefer the open gear backs and think vintage looking keys would suffice. If I buy any guitar with those vintage tuners on, They will have to go!!!

Greetings...long time lurker....!

I finaly ordered a dc 594 in december of 2018. It wont be delivered untill jan 2020. My understanding of "TCI" ...is that its a tunig process...not a physically different pickup. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

if that is indeed the case will guitars delivered in 2020 have gone through that TCI process?

Or...is there a way to request that (and pay difference if applicable to a build in process?)

Ty

TCI is a combination of pickups and electronics. It's a culmination of everything Paul has learned in 35+ years of guitar building. We've taken all of the variable and made the tolerances extremely tight. Think about the genuine PAF pickups. Some of them sound like the voice of God, while some of them just sound OK. Why is that? Because too many things were left to chance. With TCI we leave nothing to chance and control every aspect of the design and construction. Each TCI pickup set is tuned to the specific guitar. Think of it as a mixing counsel, we've mixed the sound to be exactly what we want, every time.

All Core guitars are getting TCI treatment now. S2 guitars will follow in the near future.

I do think the 'vintage tuners' are a downgrade. Visually, I much prefer the open gear backs and think vintage looking keys would suffice. If I buy any guitar with those vintage tuners on, They will have to go!!!

The new tuners weigh less than the Phase III tuners. Changing the weight of the tuners changed the way the guitar sounds.

TCI is a combination of pickups and electronics. It's a culmination of everything Paul has learned in 35+ years of guitar building. We've taken all of the variable and made the tolerances extremely tight. Think about the genuine PAF pickups. Some of them sound like the voice of God, while some of them just sound OK. Why is that? Because too many things were left to chance. With TCI we leave nothing to chance and control every aspect of the design and construction. Each TCI pickup set is tuned to the specific guitar. Think of it as a mixing counsel, we've mixed the sound to be exactly what we want, every time.

All Core guitars are getting TCI treatment now. S2 guitars will follow in the near future.

This concept fascinates me. What is this tuning based on? Audio frequency measurements from the output signal of a "magic" sounding guitar? In other words, you take the perfect sounding 594, measure the sound it produces, and then tweak all other 594s to match the ideal example?

Back