58/15 LT+

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by goat-n-gitter, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Buildermike

Buildermike Can you have too many?

I'm just going to hold off and buy a guitar at the Experience like I've done for a decade or so plus.

alantig and bodia like this.
  2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

It will be my first Experience, but this is my plan as well.

3. dkilpatrick

dkilpatrick Makes guitar faces

I guess it all depends on when existing orders are being completed. I didn’t order a private stock that specifies each aspect of the guitar build, I ordered a production model guitar. The factory is running a minimum of 12 months behind on orders currently, so I don’t expect the guitar to be near completion ( finish applied and electronics installed) until at least April of 2020 and by then all of the above changes would’ve been implemented on production models.

bodia likes this.
  4. MA Pete

MA Pete 594 Addict

Bumping this VERY informative thread on the 2020 SC 594, thank you Shawn for this great information.

I just picked up a 2020 SC 594 Prototype from CME, as seen on my "New Prototype Day" thread from Thursday night. It is amazing! Best SC 594 I have played, with the exception of my "Holy Grail" 2016 Private Stock SC 594 Prototype, and it is even within spitting distance of that great guitar.

[​IMG]

PRS has nailed it IMO with these 2020 tweaks for the SC 594 (which was already my favorite guitar model ever). These pickups are killer in the SC, the Nitro finish feels great, and if the tuners are part of the magic formula of this tone, then (as much as I do prefer locking tuners for easy string changes) I won't be changing them out.

Shawn - A question for you - you documented here in this thread when the Nitro finish, new tuners, and 5815 LT+'s would kick in. What about the changes to the bridge that Howard Leese mentioned in his video with Tim Pierce? When were those changes implemented? Would a Core SC 594 (not this Prototype, just a Core one "out in the wild") that has the new tuners and LT+ pickups also have the 594 bridge changes for 2020?

Thanks!

bodia, Alnus Rubra, grausch and 2 others like this.
  5. Bob Hundemer

Bob Hundemer New Member

I wish I could find a 594 like this to buy. I waiting for the 2020 Models to become available.

6. MA Pete

MA Pete 594 Addict

There was one more 2020 spec SC 594 out there (a regular production one, not a Prototype), but my apologies, I grabbed that one as well, it is incoming.

I promise I will stop and leave some for everyone else! :)

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.