57/08 pickups now for sale from PRS Guitars

Shawn@PRS

yogi
It's been a long time in the making, but 57/08's are finally here!

https://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/pickups/products/57-08-pickups

57-08-Pickups.jpg

Very cool. Not my vibe but I know a lot of folks around here will be happy about this. Three cheers for PRS!

Last edited:
I've been pestering Paul for a long time to sell these pickups. It's nice to know he finally saw it my way. :)
Well, if you are starting to get that inside line, a core 7 string would be nice...

(Probably won't sell nearly in the quantities of these 57/08s!)

Well, if you are starting to get that inside line, a core 7 string would be nice...

(Probably won't sell nearly in the quantities of these 57/08s!)

Well, no - most people will probably order two 57/08s at a time versus one 7-string.

I am thrilled!! The 57/08 is my favorite pickup. Most of my guitars already have them, but my Custom 22s have the Dragon II pickups.....I think it is time to upgrade!!!!

oh wow...I have been growing apart from the pickups in my core Tremonti for a while now...wonder how replacing them with these, plus the pots for push/pull would do for the guitar...

Why were these pickups so heavily guarded for so long?

Paul always says "We are in the guitar business, not the pickup business". Meaning, we want to sell guitars not pickups. Typically, he will allow us to sell pickups after they've been out for a few years, he held firm the 57/08's until now.

Back