57/08 Coil Tap? (compared to DGT Bass)

TimH

hey all,

I own 2 wonderful PRS guitars. My first was a P22 and then I got a DGT. Loosely speaking I use the DGT for dirtier music and the P22 for cleaner. The P22 seems to be over all brighter and clearer and I LOVE the sound of the neck pickup.

Conversely I LOVE the bridge pickup in my DGT but don't find much use for the neck humbucker except in cil tapped mode. So I'm wondering about putting an uncovered 57/08 in my DGT but I'm wondering how the coil tapped sound of a 57/08 'cause ideally I'd like to keep that "stratty" vibe in the tapped position of my DGT.

Anyhow, does anyone have experience with tapped 57/08's and how they might sound in the neck position?

Thanks!

I have a 5708 squabbin in the neck of a ce24. I think I prefer it tapped than not but I also turn tone pot down about 1/3 or maybe a little more. I'm not sure it's a strat clone but the tone is really thick and full.

It sounds really good.

Dragon 2s or Mira ( covered ) are my fav neck pickups

I'd have to say 8515 is my absolute favorite neck pickup 5708 neck is pretty good too.

5909 bridge is my fav. The 5909 neck is just ok.

I'm going to stick a 5909 bridge back in my Mccarty so it wI'll be 5909b 8515n. I think this will be the ultimate combo.

I have a 57/08 tapped in the neck position of my 03 CE24. The tapped sound is a good single coil, but I wouln't call it Stratty. In humbucker mode, it just rules the world, thick and creamy and dead even top to bottom.

Back