57/08 coil split wiring help

tomsamuels

pushpull_tone_pot_lg_large.jpg

I have 57/08s in my 245 with two white wires taped together off to the side in the control cavity. I picked up the PRS push/pull pot shown above, which I'd like to replace the bridge tone knob with to spilt both pickups. Where do I solder each wire?

You'll probably get a quicker answer if you e-mail PTC directly from their section of the main PRS site than through the forum. I must inform you however, unfortunately, many of the models that come standard with 57/08's or 59/09's come with a non-splittable version of those pickups. I've been told that if there is no red wire in the control cavity (only black and white) then you have the non-splittable versions. I'm not sure if this is the case for all core line PRS's that don't come with a split option from the factory (like the CU22/24 and P22/24 have)...but I know my wood library SC245 and AP HB II did not come with splittable pickups. Good Luck.

You'll probably get a quicker answer if you e-mail PTC directly from their section of the main PRS site than through the forum. I must inform you however, unfortunately, many of the models that come standard with 57/08's or 59/09's come with a non-splittable version of those pickups. I've been told that if there is no red wire in the control cavity (only black and white) then you have the non-splittable versions.

The 5x/0x pickups with braided shield and separate white wire split just fine with the push/pull pot like the OP has. You need the red/white/black wires for a 5-way switch.

Back