57/08 & 59/09 Limited Editions?

Brad737

This space for rent...
Hey guys,
I remember years back for the PRS Experience shows, they released some limited edition guitars that were sort of like Modern Eagles with quilt tops. In 2008, they included 57/08 pickups, and obviously used 59/09s in 2009. May I ask what the actual model names are? I remember quite of few of them were stunners. thanks,
Brad

I'm not too sure about the 2008 and 2009 ones, but the 2010 were called the 53/10 limiteds. I don't recall any called the 57/08 limiteds etc though. There was the dirty 100s which I think might have been the 59/09 '09 limited guitars

The 53/10s were available through the dealer network. The guitars I’m talking about were sold at Experience. I’m guessing they were called 57/08 Experience Limited and 59/09 Experience Limited? I’m just trying to google any red quilts for sale.

The 53/10s were available through the dealer network. The guitars I’m talking about were sold at Experience. I’m guessing they were called 57/08 Experience Limited and 59/09 Experience Limited? I’m just trying to google any red quilts for sale.

This. Both the 57/08 and 59/09 limiteds were quilt tops. The 57/08 was available in a raspberry quilt (the other two colors were blueberry and charcoal sunburst IIRC). The 59/09 limited was much like the original Modern Eagle with a Indian Rosewood neck, 59/09 pickups and different headstock inlay. The Modern Eagle 2 was introduced at the '08 PRS experience IIRC, but that was not a Experience Limited guitar. Finally the Sunburst 22 was a different guitar altogether from the other ones.

Dirty 100s were definitely different guitars.
Sure were. Like this.....

sUSxMNX.jpg

Not sure if mine is an Experience model, but here it is. Previous owner kept the TR cover, signed plate and swapped on an adjustable stop-tail, but PRS confirmed the model (57/08 LTD). I love this guitar. It really is like my Holy Grail....

Awesome score!

My 2009 59/09 (Limited Edition)
Faded Blue Jean
Private Stock quilt maple top
Lightweight Mahogany one-piece back
Solid Select East Indian Rosewood Neck
Original Abalone Birds
Wide Fat Neck Carve
10″ Fretboard Radius
PRS low-mass Locking Tuners
Ultra-thin Semi-gloss nitro
Pickups: 59/09 treble & bass
Coil taps
Nickel Hardware
1 of only 100
Scale 25″

prs77777.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! I loved that run. Here's another:

img_6630.jpg

Faded Blue Jean
Original Abalone Birds
Wide Fat Neck Carve
10″ Fretboard Radius
Coil taps
Nickel Hardware
1 of only 100
Scale 25″

prs77777.jpg

One of my best guitars tone wise - a 1957/2008 Mccarty. As markd21 alluded to above, there is something magical about this run.

If you ask me, it’s the wood batch used in this run. When the body shape scale bridge and everything else is the same, yet the guitar sounds so remarkably different (both acoustically and amplified), its got to be the wood.
QdwYOQt.jpg

Faded Blue Jean
Original Abalone Birds
Wide Fat Neck Carve
10″ Fretboard Radius
Coil taps
Nickel Hardware
1 of only 100
Scale 25″

prs77777.jpg

So these are very similar to the 53/10 limiteds that I would guess they were their years equivalents, only offered to dealers rather than just experience
The 53/10s also have
Private stock quilt top
One piece light weight back
But a Peruvian mahogany neck (it's lovely)
Wide fat neck
Original pink heart abalone birds
Ultra thin pf09 nitro finish
Coil tap
Only 100 made

I wasn't aware of 59/09 equivalent until now. They look lovely. I love my 53/10 so I'm sure if love those too

Last edited:
..... If I ever came across a 59/09 limited and had the funds I wouldn't hesitate to get one based on my 53/10 experience

When they first released the 57/08 pup it was on the SC245. It was called the SC245 57/08. It was in 2008, but that run of limited guitars ran into 2009, I have a 2009. I don’t remember if they made double cuts with them when they were first released, I don’t think, later they did special runs with this pups before it became a core model pup. The first run had nice colors, blueberry, I think cranberry (could be wrong), McCarty Burst (could be wrong) and charcoal burst, I have a charcoal.

Back