53/10´s vs Archtop in a Hollowbody II

FJ4

Hi everyone!

I´d like to have an idea of the comparison between 53/10´s vs the Archtop pickups in a Hollowbody II.

Thanks in advance.

I have a JA-15 and P24 both with 53/10's...admittedly different construction...but compared to the 57/08's in my HB2 they sound warmer and clearer with less of an edge than the 57/08's. They seem to have a wider frequency response and less midrange "drive". Both the 53/10's and 57/08's sound excellent split and seem to blend well with the piezo sounds. Very versatile pickups. I'm curious, as you are, if anyone has tried 53/10 in a HB2, but not curious enough to experiment with swapping them myself...I love all of these guitars just the way they are. I don't think that the 53/10's or Archtops are currently available.

I have a JA-15 and P24 both with 53/10's...admittedly different construction...but compared to the 57/08's in my HB2 they sound warmer and clearer with less of an edge than the 57/08's. They seem to have a wider frequency response and less midrange "drive". Both the 53/10's and 57/08's sound excellent split and seem to blend well with the piezo sounds. Very versatile pickups. I'm curious, as you are, if anyone has tried 53/10 in a HB2, but not curious enough to experiment with swapping them myself...I love all of these guitars just the way they are. I don't think that the 53/10's or Archtops are currently available.

I have Archtops in my HB II but it´s very possible that i get a set of 53/10´s. I understand 53/10´s compress a little more.

Back