513s

I just had another jam session with the new 513. This guitar is unreal, and definitely the most underrated model in the PRS lineup.

Still waitin´ for more edgy pics!

In a German forum we have a small discussion about PRS neck-shapes.

My dear 513-community: How would you describe the Regular Pattern shape?

In my opinion it is a constant U-shape, no asymetric changes at all.

Hey Mart.
I'll post some edgy pictures in couple of hours when i get home and to answer your question:
After playing for more than 5 years my cu22 with wide fat neck.I found the pattern regular shape a bit
Narrower and more comfortable to the point that i ordered my third PRS a 513AP with solid IRW neck
In pattern regular specifically and it's a dream to play.

Last edited:
Ok Brothers as promised here are some edges
but i only had my phone to take pictures so I hope you enjoy
20150308_102831_zpswrmdo0xa.jpg
20150308_102942_zpsagqrcxtu.jpg
20150308_102406_zpshpf284aj.jpg
20150308_102328_zpsxplae4vi.jpg
20150308_102913_zpsm6ogqbet.jpg

I agree with others that the 513 doesn't get much love, and I can never figure out why. Maybe it's the weird looking pickups? I own and have owned a whole bunch of PRSi, and my 513 is definitely one of my favorites. It is extremely versatile, but it would be worth it just for the killer humbucker bridge tones. They're super thick and juicy on mine.

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

I agree with others that the 513 doesn't get much love, and I can never figure out why. Maybe it's the weird looking pickups? I own and have owned a whole bunch of PRSi, and my 513 is definitely one of my favorites. It is extremely versatile, but it would be worth it just for the killer humbucker bridge tones. They're super thick and juicy on mine.

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Awesome!!

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Unfortunately it stands back behind more demanded models likewise CUs, SCs, Santanas.
Be that as it may.
513 delivers real value...

And gorgeous example, my dear!!!

This thread inspired me to whip out my 513. When I said I was going to do that, my wife thought I said "whip out my 5/13th", and she said "I told you, not when the kids are home!"

Hadn't pulled this bad boy out in a while. It's from the original BRW run. I remembered the neck being thicker than it was, but man, I'd forgotten how much variety there is on tap.

I'll probably keep this one handier for a bit...

This thread inspired me to whip out my 513. When I said I was going to do that, my wife thought I said "whip out my 5/13th", and she said "I told you, not when the kids are home!"

Hadn't pulled this bad boy out in a while. It's from the original BRW run. I remembered the neck being thicker than it was, but man, I'd forgotten how much variety there is on tap.

I'll probably keep this one handier for a bit...

Well, post a pic while you've got it out. The guitar, I mean.

Back