513s

THX!
Apart from the top shade the contrast to the natural coloured headstock looks nice.
I guess that different light brightnesses and angles make the top shining several "purple" shades.

I did a setup on the new 513 and spent considerable time playing it through my H&K Tubmeister 36. Holy crap!! This thing is AWESOME.

With the first change of strings I switched from PRS 010 - 046 PRS-strings (original "attachement") to 009 - 042 ghs BOOMERS (GBXL) on my 513.
I played 009 - 042 gauge on all of my electrics for years and years.
Then D´Addario EXL 120 (009 - 042) came under my fingers.
Since mid of 2014 all of my guitars got 010 - 046 (D´Addario EXL110).

g.wizz mentioned in an other thread light binding and Black Gold.
We came to the conclusion that Black Gold (Core) only comes without a scrapped binding, PS or AP (maybe custom order Wood Library)

How about presenting our 513´s edges? (Goal: Making our 513 thread air play on PRS forums therefore other PRSi owners´ll become
jealous not having bought a 513 yet. :biggrin:)

DSCN9827.JPG

DSCN9850.JPG

DSCN9849.JPG

Allright. Back and neck seem to be little brighter than mine. Not being an aficionado of Armando's Armethyst but I concede that the mixture of brown, the scrapped binding and even A's A develops its own charme from this given perspective.
Did you purchased it at Brian's?

What a nice idea Martin
I'll snap some pics on the weekend if i can and i'll
See what i can come up with
:rock:

Just pushing things Nabil... And it's nice showing our guitars not the ordinary way. Total in a stand in front of an amplification device.
There will be a few more spots to highlight every week :)

Unfortunately, and I really mean it, I only have a pair. Ok, it's a cool pair, but these are the most underrated guitars in the PRS lineup, if not in the whole guitar world. These really can do anything, as long as you know how to use them.
The red is a original Brazilian 513; the PS has a maple neck, cocobolo board and a flamed walnut body, which means I truly have two very different guitars from each other.
iphone pic, sorry...

16543164929_806fca1e06_h.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, and I really mean it, I only have a pair. Ok, it's a cool pair, but these are the most underrated guitars in the PRS lineup, if not in the whole guitar world. These really can do anything, as long as you know how to use them.
The red is a original Brazilian 513; the PS has a maple neck, cocobolo board and a flamed walnut body, which means I truly have two very different guitars from each other.
iphone pic, sorry...

DAMN!

iphone pic, sorry...

Wow! Great pair of 513.

Currently currency is missing for PS. But I made my draft for a 513 PS already :)

This is a very good example how much twang a core line 513 has got.
Even with such a tiny amp and no professional mic set up.
Quite nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back