513s

DSCN9808.JPG

I was about to order - because they´re available to that time in my country - two of the "fat" Canadian signature straps in red/tan. But a few days after ordering, I was informed they won´t get them anymore.
Taking a look on the US PRS web shop I found out that additional colours were in stock.
Brown/tan and walnut/tan were the colours of my choice. But as you know a few items are only purchaseable for US residents.
I asked my GC if they could order them instead.
They made it. I got the straps within one week.

They fit right to the outlook of the certain guitar.

Nearly 16 months after she arrived with the same strings and no cleaning
I had the time yesterday to clean her up and put a fresh set of Chuck Mangan' strings

20150228_155436_zpswdxluum4.jpg

Well what are you waiting for Les?
Just kiddiing, i've been very busy lately to follow the thread
And i'm eager to know and SEE your cu24 30th so if you already posted your NGD
just link me because last month have been a blurr.thx

Don't know how I missed this thread when it started... As usually, Froggie's are insane, and Maertl, yours looks killer (as do the rest of them.)

I've posted it around before, but here's mine.... BRW neck, 2007 if I remember correctly...

513-b.jpg

513-c.jpg

513-mictest-2_zps7708d113.jpg

aristotle, thanks.
Your 513 is a feast for the eyes, too. I played a 2005 513 Rosewood. The haptic of its BRW neck was a treat. Obligations due CITES are strict abroad. A few models are limited by their specs only for US residents.
And a IRW or BRW was not an option to me at time of buying.
My 513 was available at present, and its outlook fulfilled my own specificatios.

I like my ordinary V12 finished 513. And I like the Dirt Birds more than the original Joe Knaggs designed 513 Birds.
Taste depends on the customer´s choice, for sure.

aristotle, your 513 has got an impressively flamed top (although I'm personally keen on quilted tops.).

We are the club of the most underrated PRS. That's the truth behind.

But it's up to us encouraging this threads by discussions, pictures, soundfiles - and making other PRSi owners jealous not heaving purchased this swiss army knife with 6 strings (or 7 strings - mention Dave Weiner).

Last edited:
Tis a good guitar, I get far comments than on my Tremonti or CU22. I still wish to have it modded to rum both humbuckers at once (515 mod). The only problem is the local PRS shop does not want to touch the 513's electronics.

Give a damn s#!t about quality: It´s all about 513! That counts.

@crushpoint: To me the colour Armando's Amethyst has the smack of a knock shop :biggrin:, but even in such establishments you could feel warm and comfortable. Have I heard, I have no experience with that for sure.
Seriously I want to know if the hardware is hybrid.

My string saddles on the bridge and a few Allen key screws are made of brass.

Thanks in advance!

Back