513 and it's green

jak3af3r

Jake
I couldn't help myself when I saw this and had to have it. I don't actually own a 513 but have always been intrigued by them and other PRS that have number names so every time I see a PRS number (513, 408, 509, 594, etc) I get a little chuckle.

TUmXxk0.jpg

If anyone is into model railroading, this is a Kato EMD NW2 in N scale (I've included the jazz 3 sized pick for size reference.)

Awesome! And glad I'm not the only one here! ;)

FPYcFWZ.jpg

Good looking start to a layout there!

I've been interested in trains from waaay before guitars in my childhood. My great uncle and great grandpa and great great grandpa all worked for railroads in and around the middle Tennessee area.

Is that a SD70ace? If so, how does it run? I have a Kato gevo and it's great but modeltrainstuff doesn't have CSX gevos anymore so I may have limited decent priced modern power options.

@jak3af3r Same here, grandfather and great grandfather both worked for the railroad in Montana.

That's a SD70MACe on the layout. Runs great! Looking at adding a DCC decoder and making the switch before I build out the layout too much more.

My 9 yo son is really into trains - we got him an N scale Kato set in 2018. He now has both a UP diesel and a Challenger courtesy of Santa this past Christmas :)

@jak3af3r Same here, grandfather and great grandfather both worked for the railroad in Montana.

That's a SD70MACe on the layout. Runs great! Looking at adding a DCC decoder and making the switch before I build out the layout too much more.

That's way cool. I bought that switcher in Duluth when I was up there with a touring group (not Montana but far enough north to see Canadian and old BN stuff.)

All my stuff is DCC. It's well worth the jump to have that level of control over everything. I used TCS decoders in both and they just drop right in. Takes maybe 7 minutes if the shell doesn't come off the frame easily.

My 9 yo son is really into trains - we got him an N scale Kato set in 2018. He now has both a UP diesel and a Challenger courtesy of Santa this past Christmas :)

I need to know what extension you have for Santa.

My amp repair guy has a monster HO(??) scale model of the local town, down to a bunch of the local people. Its pretty amazing, and a neat hobby. Can be crazy time-consuming, though.

Back