513 and 408 together really compliment each other.

BillionsAndBillions

Here's a recording of a David Gilmour track (parts of it anyway) using a 513 and a 408. A few years ago I absolutely fell in love with the 408 pickups and use them constantly. While I do use the single coil mode quite a bit I don't think they're very convinving as a single, especially clean. The 513 however is a beast with just about anything you try to do with it and it's single coil tone is amazing. I use them both often and I think they work really well together. This recording features the 408 neck on most of the leads and the 408 bridge on the main solo. The single coil tones are all 513 and I'm really happy with them. Just felt like showing off the tones of these two beautiful instruments on one track. There's an example of the 408 bridge completely opened up at 3:13. Hope this shed a little light on these two guitars for anyone interested in buying them. Used a kemper for the recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de27rZRVH2E

Very nice Brian. Randazztic in fact !!!

You have to say it with a Scooby Doo voice or it's not funny..........:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
I like the singe coil sounds that I hear from the 513. Thanks for posting. I want a very versatile guitar to take to gigs!

Sounded great, really liked that. Would love to own either/both of these two models. What fuzz setting did you use on the Kemper?

Back