50's wiring - PRS new Standard?

88prs

OCD for PRS
So it appears many of the new PRS line uses the 50's style tone control wiring where the Cap goes to the wiper (output of volume pot). This makes it really interact with the Volume pot once the volume pot is lowered a bit.

Do you prefer this or do you prefer the modern tone wiring where the Cap goes to the input of the volume pot making them much more independant??

So it appears many of the new PRS line uses the 50's style tone control wiring where the Cap goes to the wiper (output of volume pot). This makes it really interact with the Volume pot once the volume pot is lowered a bit.

Do you prefer this or do you prefer the modern tone wiring where the Cap goes to the input of the volume pot making them much more independant??

It seems everyone else is now bringing the cap to the input of the volume pot, even the VOS historics by that other company. Is this the way to go? why did PRS switch

I prefer the independent wiring, make the lead to the tone pot come from the input to the volume pot. That said, I'm a volume and tone on 10 kind of guy. :)

50s style retains more highs when the volume is rolled down, which is what I prefer. I'm guessing Paul does too, hence the switch.

I prefer the way the tone control works when it goes to the input of the volume control. I think it's more useful that way.

I like a treble bypass circuit on the volume to maintain balanced tone when the knob is turned down.

I like the 50s style. Really noticed the difference on my Smokeburst McCarty compared to the HB1. Lower the volume to reduce gain and still have a little spank on the clean tone.

Back