509 tweak

owickerman

Hi everybody ;)

As most of you know, I'm the happy owner of a brand new 509.
This guitar is awesome and came out of the box already playable but, hey, I'm a guitarist, I need to tinker a little every now and then ^^
So, one the minor things that were not perfect with Violette was the height of the middle pickup.
I'm the kind of guy that cannot live without a middle pickup but my picking technique is so that, sometimes, I hit the pup with the pick...
I screwed him as tight as possible and it was better (and there was no big issue with the sound, as a matter of fact, the volume of this pup alone is the same than the volumle of the humbuckers), but better does not mean perfect ;)
So, I took the strings off this morning (was decided to put 10 on this one since I made the mistake to ask for 9 to be mounted by the dealer), took the pup off and removed the 2 springs under it.
I rescrewed the pup tight so it does not vibrates and now my guitar is purrrrrfect ;)

Hope it could help some of you having issue with middle pup height on a 509 (or, I believe, a 513).

Have a nice week-end ;)

Cool, glad you found a solution! If you could post a picture from the side that shows the height of all 3 pickups, that'd be awesome.

Here we are ;)
I finally added a pen spring cut in half under the pickup and got my own perfect height. The balance between the 3 pickups is very good for me.

18814166_1404622866297583_7831526822328988732_n.jpg

Back