509 Incoming

Glenn Gross

Another Old Guy
I unexpectedly sold a boutique Strat the other day. What to do? I’ve been eying SSHs and 594 HBIIs, but a 2020 10 top 509 caught my eye. It has a minor headstock finish issue from a tuner (probably not playing nice with the nitro), and pick scratches. I’m intrigued by the versatility. There was a barely used MEV out there also, but it disappeared right before I was going to decide between the two. I’ll post pics after it arrives next week. I knew this would happen when I joined.

It arrived today and I’m quite happy. The single coil sounds do exactly what I was hoping for. I have Strats, but this does really well IMO. This is the first time that I’ve played a Pattern Regular neck. I’m not picky and tend to adjust pretty easily to different necks, but this feels really natural. My old iPhone camera didn’t get the Faded Whale Blue right though. BTW, I was able to eliminate the headstock finish issue with Dunlop Fingerboard Deep Conditioner.
rToky22.jpg

9KyQ9oA.jpg

wK7PNMK.jpg

Vq31WTN.jpg

Sweet 509!!

Great guitars - and I refer to mine as my PRS 'Super Strat' in my collection as it does the stratty SC sounds I am happy with...

This is mine!
psZ8lWF.jpg

Hope yours brings you a lot of Joy...

Sweet 509!!

Great guitars - and I refer to mine as my PRS 'Super Strat' in my collection as it does the stratty SC sounds I am happy with...

This is mine!
psZ8lWF.jpg

Thanks to all! You have a fire red 594 HBII also, yes? Your posts here and response to the Peach Guitars YouTube video have been helpful.

Thanks to all! You have a fire red 594 HBII also, yes? Your posts here and response to the Peach Guitars YouTube video have been helpful.

All my PRS, except one are Fire Red LOL and yes I do have a HBii in Fire Red. Glad you find my posts useful and enjoy your new 509 :)

Sweet 509!!

This is mine!
psZ8lWF.jpg

She's a Beaut!!!

Yours is a beauty. Of course, blue makes it mo’ bettah. I’m getting anxious to take mine to a blues, r’n’b gig with my buds. It was the last one I bought. Check the avatar.

Yours is a beauty. Of course, blue makes it mo’ bettah. I’m getting anxious to take mine to a blues, r’n’b gig with my buds. It was the last one I bought. Check the avatar.
My retirement goal is to get back into playing a few times a month. Once the craziness has subsided, I’ll have to do the open stage thing and also hook up with some old friends that are still around. And yes, the kool aid around here is pretty good.

You think the kool aid is good, wait until you’ve played the guitar for a month, then we’ll talk good!

Back