50 Year Old Sh!tty Guitar Players Club... who's in?

Merry Christmas.
A few weeks back, I had started a post that coined the term; '50 Year Old Sh!tty Guitarist Club'...

Full credit to JoeDirt, who actually penned the slogan: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/waiting-i-hate-it.28036/

As I thought more about it, I reasoned that probably a good portion of us are floating around this age demographic.
Simply due to the price of the instrument, and the point in one's life where you could actually afford to buy one.

Technically I'm not 50 until 2018, but just wondering who else is in (or around) this 'elite club' ?
ok... maybe it's not so elite.

The 50 Year Old Sh!tty Guitarist Club

Bummer. I gotta wait a whole decade and some change before I can even complete an application <casi runs to nearest corner, weeps and gnashes teeth>

:oops:

UNLESS

UNLESS

UNLESS one's high level of sh!ttiness can outweigh the age requirement. I qualify on sh!ttiness. I swear I do!

I am overqualified in sh!ttiness.

I know this is tongue in check and all. And I love all of you and would love to be in any other club with you. But I will fight til the day I die to not be a sh!tty guitar player! And not just because of the curse word in the title. :p I just love it too much to think that after all these years (and all this money!) , I still can't play well.

But, I'm getting ready to play basketball for 10 consecutive weeks for the first time in years. I've only played 2-3 times a year for the last 5 years or so. So when I first start, it won't be pretty, and I'm absolutely sure that the first 2-3 weeks, I'll come home ready to join the sh!t*y basketball players club, and all my life I've sworn I'd die before joining that one. LOL

I’m 49 in the new year so I don’t make that particular criteria......but as a sh!tty guitar player, well in that dept, I’d take some beatin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I did turn 50 this year, and got a taste of being old in the form of a case of shingles. I do not recommend it... :mad:

As for guitar, well, I'm kinda OK mid-70's standards.

Which is to say, somewhere between shitty and "not as good as I want to be."

I hear you on the shingles. I had a case of shingles four years ago. I had different symptoms for two months before I finally broke out. Mine went across my chest and all the way down my right arm. I think most people just think of it as a bad skin rash or ailment, but they don't realize the nerve pain that lies underneath it.

I suck a little more each year so... by the time I'm 50 I should barely be able to play Le Freak.

I'm thinking more like this for me...but I'm probably grossly underestimating my level of sh!ttyness...ya know because I'm delusional and what not...o_O are those his guitar faces...or is it just his natural Lil Wayne face?

THIS!!!! WAIT FOR IT..........

Merry Christmas.
A few weeks back, I had started a post that coined the term; '50 Year Old Sh!tty Guitarist Club'...

Full credit to JoeDirt, who actually penned the slogan: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/waiting-i-hate-it.28036/

As I thought more about it, I reasoned that probably a good portion of us are floating around this age demographic.
Simply due to the price of the instrument, and the point in one's life where you could actually afford to buy one.

Technically I'm not 50 until 2018, but just wondering who else is in (or around) this 'elite club' ?

I'm in at 60. And I'm in need of a few posts.

Merry Christmas.

I'm in ..... 56 and my glaring achievments on guitar are Hey Joe and Rock Bottom lol

Back