50 Year Old Sh!tty Guitar Players Club... who's in?

OK, youngsters, I'm well past youse guys. How about an old as dirt with 4 hand surgeries club?

Well, I did lose part of a finger, which put a 3 year hiatus to my playing right after I got my SG to set up for slide, until I made myself relearn how to play without it. Does that count?

Crap. Another club to deny being a member. o_O AARP, McDonald’s senior discounts (without checking my ID or asking my age), colonoscopies, questions about what color my hair used to be, now this. Uuuuuuuup yours! And get off my lawn, while you’re at it. :mad:

I turned 50 back in March...which led me to wanting to learn to play guitar...which led me to PRS...which led me to this forum. And now that I am here, I want to say a few things...

1st...My name is John, and I suck at guitar.

2nd...I want in on this club.

3rd...I am compelled to throw my hat in the ring as a club ambassador. I am undoubtedly the shittiest of all of you shitty 50 year old players!

Yup, I'm coming down the other side of the hill, I'll be 54 in a couple of months
and I need to up my game practicing and playing :eek:

Been 50 for 21 years now, new hips, glasses, hearing aids, bald and drive a truck.
I'd love to join if I'm allowed.

Of course you're in! I plan to be 50 for at least another 35 or 40 years, and I plan to be a sh!tty guitarist until the point where I can no longer pick up a guitar. My ultimate goal is to live to be 95 and be shot by a jealous husband. I guess we'll see if that plan can work out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back