5-way switch - position 4 & 5 question

FirstFiveEighth

New PRS Aposlte
Hi All,

On the CU24, I am in love with the position 4 sound (neck single coil with bridge slug). Is there an easy way to essentially switch that with position 5 (neck humbucker)? This way if I quickly flip the switch all the way up it is neck single w/ slug?

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked, or is extremely obvious... I am not very familiar with wiring 5-ways!

For clarity:

What I have is - 1:Bridge H, 2: Bridge SC, 3: Bridge + Neck H, 4: Neck SC, 5: Neck H

What I want is - 1:Bridge H, 2: Bridge SC, 3: Bridge + Neck H, 4: Neck H, 5: Neck SC

This is quite easy actually.

See image attached.
PRS-switch.png

Reactions: jxe
Hi All,

On the CU24, I am in love with the position 4 sound (neck single coil with bridge slug). Is there an easy way to essentially switch that with position 5 (neck humbucker)? This way if I quickly flip the switch all the way up it is neck single w/ slug?

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked, or is extremely obvious... I am not very familiar with wiring 5-ways!

For clarity:

What I have is - 1:Bridge H, 2: Bridge SC, 3: Bridge + Neck H, 4: Neck SC, 5: Neck H

What I want is - 1:Bridge H, 2: Bridge SC, 3: Bridge + Neck H, 4: Neck H, 5: Neck SC

What exactly are you looking to do? The first paragraph doesn't match up to the "What I want" part. The PRS blade is custom designed for their wiring, so it is limited compared to a typical 4-pole super switch.

Back