5-way Rotary Knob vs. 5-way Blade

Richb

I have a CE24 with the 5-way rotary knob. I want to replace the factory P/U's with Suhr Thornbuckers. The Thornbucker p/u's are found on the Suhr PT Signature guitar, which utilizes a 5-way blade switch. Is it safe to assume the 5-way rotary knob on my PRS will function the same way the the Suhr 5-way blade? Thanks for any insight.

No go with the PCB rotary. Good opportunity to convert to 3 way toggle. Or get a standard rotary switch. Or wire the Thornbuckers to the stock PCB rotary setup.

No go with the PCB rotary. Good opportunity to convert to 3 way toggle. Or get a standard rotary switch. Or wire the Thornbuckers to the stock PCB rotary setup.

Garrett, do you know for a fact, that the the PRS rotary will work? Thanks fo the help.

Sure. It's just hot, ground, and split (PRS use one wire, but most everyone else uses two that you solder together). The PCB rotary switch does the rest of the work for you.

Only catch is the Thornbuckers won't be hum canceling in the split positions unless you do a magnet flip on one of them.

Sure. It's just hot, ground, and split (PRS use one wire, but most everyone else uses two that you solder together). The PCB rotary switch does the rest of the work for you.

Only catch is the Thornbuckers won't be hum canceling in the split positions unless you do a magnet flip on one of them.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Back