4. Jimmy Page
5. Joe Pass
6. Charlie Christian
7. Grant Green
8. Pat Metheny
9. Andy Timmons
10. Scott Henderson
11. Wes Montgomery
12. Jukka Tolonen (Finnish Fusion Guitarist)
13. George Lynch

In no particular order:

Michael Hedges
Wes Montgomery
Billy Gibbons
Sonny Landreth
Peter Frampton

definitely want to add more but this will do...

Just a couple off the top of my head.
Comfortably numb-Floyd
Roll with the changes live version-Reo Speedwagon
Reeling in the years-Steely Dan
My Sharona-The Knack
Shakin' , live version with John Nelson-Eddie Money
Home sweet home demo version-Motley Crue

I'm incredibly surprised Slash hasn't been mentioned more.

And yeah, yngwie... great tunes and I still feel he has some of the most natural technique.

Eric Clapton
Vince Gill
John Mayer
John Scofield
Trey Anastasio

Honorable mentions: Mark Knopfler, Matt Schofield, Tab Benoit, Derek Trucks & Andy Summers

Nuno
Gilbert
Rabin
Eddie
Haynes
Tremonti
Satch
Huff

Nice to see Nuno get some love. Nuno was VERY inspirational to me in my middle school and HS years. I don't want to go breaking rules by mentioning other brands, but a Washburn N4 has been on my list for a LONG time.

Rounding out my list.

Randy Rhoads - one of the rare guys who understood the music as well as he played it.
John Petrucci - probably my biggest inspiration. "Under a Glass Moon" is a clinic in how to play the guitar.
Kirk Hammett - I'm going to get bagged for this one. But, I've been in denial for many many years about the impact his lead playing has/had on me. Forget the Black album stuff and after. No one played better solos in the 80s than he did on Kill em All thru Justice.
Alex Lifeson - No explanation needed. Pure awesome. No guitarist did more in single 8 year span than he did with Rush from 74 thru 82.

Ace Frehley- the reason I started playing in the first place
Joe Satriani
Brad Gillis/Jeff Watson
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Nigel Tufnel

Nice to see so many people mentioning John Sykes, criminally underrated. A lot of people got very high opinions of Adrian Vandenburg and Vivian Campbell in the mid 1980s playing air guitar on MTV to John Sykes' actual guitar playing. Nothing against either of those guys, both fantastic musicians too.

In no specific order:

Paco de Lucia
Gary Miller (aka Dr. Know from Bad Brains)
Nile Rodgers
Mick Jones (from The Clash, not the dude from Foreigner :confused: )
Ray Parker Jr.

Kirk Hammett - I'm going to get bagged for this one. But, I've been in denial for many many years about the impact his lead playing has/had on me. Forget the Black album stuff and after. No one played better solos in the 80s than he did on Kill em All thru Justice.

He's the only dude in that band that has gotten better as time goes by, I'd even go so far as to say he ruled on the Black album.

He's the only dude in that band that has gotten better as time goes by, I'd even go so far as to say he ruled on the Black album.

Have you ever watched "A Year And A Half In The Life Of..."? It's great stuff, especially if you like the behind-the-scenes stuff in the studio. (I did lose some respect for Lars' drumming on the black album after seeing how it was all pieced together. I know editing happens, but it seemed like overkill.)

This is one of the parts that stood out to me. NSFW...

I've got a metric ton of "new" favorites, but the Top 5 Of All Time (in no particular order) would have to be:

Tony Iommi
Ace Frehley
Randy Rhoads
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe Satriani

There's no way I can narrow it down to five. I'd be lucky if I could do five per genre. But here are some of my faves in no particular order:

Billy Gibbons
Rick Nielsen
David Grissom
Lindsey Buckingham
Cindy Cashdollar
John Entwistle
Lemmy
Jerry Reed
Stevie
Albert King
Chuck Berry
Hubert Sumlin