5 days ago I'd never played a PRS before, today I bought one...

I'd never played a PRS before but anytime I'd seen them on YouTube etc I always thought they seemed a bit 'meh'. Not very exciting in terms of tone or appeal.

My father in law brought down his PRS SE 245 to let me try it (comparing it to my Epiphone Les Paul) and I have to say I am all turned round on the subject!

Playing through my little Blackstar HTR-1 it produced a rather fantastic sound, and the guitar just felt great. I've never 'clicked' with another guitar the way I did with this one and I was genuinely surprised.

It just goes to show that all the comparison videos in the world don't mean anything without actually playing said guitar! I love the grunt that my Les Paul gives, but the PRS had much more 'space' tonally, for want of a better expression.

So today I purchased a used(but mint) 2011 SE Custom 24 from a FB guitar group. It'll be a few days before it arrive and to say I'm excited is an understatement.

The Epiphone will have to go ( currently I'm a one guitar guy due to both space and finances) but I honestly don't think I'm really going to miss it!

It's usually how it happens! Welcome to the forum!!!

Congrats! Give us do feedback on how you're liking it.
I used my Custom 24 today in church. :)

Welcome to the forum. It's nice that you are a "play only one guitar at a time" kind of guy.

What's your next model going to be???

Back