408MT or 408Braz

megaboogie

408 Birds in the Sky
My NGD 408 has exceeded my expectation. I'm so impressed with it that I'm actually thinking about another one with a braz. neck.
Do you guys think it's worth spending 1-2k more for a braz. neck? anyone who has had experience in both, please share your insights, thank you.

Here's a pic of my '03 CU22 and a '12 408MT

I have not played a 408BRW, but I have a 408 Standard IRW - it's definitely worth trying if you can. That guitar rings like nobody's business, and the feel of the neck is wonderful. I don't have two of any PRS model, but I would seriously consider another 408 in a slightly different configuration.

I have not played a 408BRW, but I have a 408 Standard IRW - it's definitely worth trying if you can. That guitar rings like nobody's business, and the feel of the neck is wonderful. I don't have two of any PRS model, but I would seriously consider another 408 in a slightly different configuration.

+1
I also have a 408 standard w/IRW just a killer guitar, also don't have 2 of the same PRSi but a MT 408 would tempt me.

Nice guitars and amps you have :) :congrats:

Well, guys I've done the quite crazy thing and ordered one with a BRW yesterday.
I figured I should get one while they are still available as I might have to pay more if I waited.

This one has an autumn sky finish with a pattern thin neck. It should arrive early next week.:)

Well, guys I've done the quite crazy thing and ordered one with a BRW yesterday.
I figured I should get one while they are still available as I might have to pay more if I waited.

This one has an autumn sky finish with a pattern thin neck. It should arrive early next week.:)

Fantastic!

Thank you. I've always lusted for a PRS with a BRW neck, and I thought 408 would be a perfcet match with it.

Holy snikeey batman...that flame on your soon to be NGD is awesome. Love it, can't wait for a sound clip.

Btw I have a NGD coming very soon too. Would be sooner but mr moss is closed until the 3rd...pout pout sniff sniff hehe

Thank you all. Yes I love the flame on this one. I actually had to pick between 2 of the same finish, the other one had more even matching flame top, but this one just had more character so I went with it.

So my brazzy 408 showed up, noodled with it for a bit at work, and I keep sniffing my left hand evey other minute like a freak.
Can't wait to go home and give it a test drive.:)

Took a quick pic, kinda hard to get a good representing pic, but the actual finish is darker tough.

I think the bottom line is that the 408 pickups might be one if the best sounding ever. There is just so much you can do with this guitar. I predict that Paul's guitar with a trem will also become a huge hit in the future. In the bridge position both the narrow 408 and the wider one sound great. Congrats on getting a Brazzy 408 while you still can. 11 top is right in saying it's a bargain. Just think a year ago a Brazzy neck would have cost you 3 times as much and when it runs out your guitar will be a rare bird.

Yes what I like about 408 pickups is that they have this certain warmth and fullness in them that I like yet the pickups are very articulate with much detail ala singlecoils, everything I throw in they just throw back at me, very lively sounding guitar.

Last edited:
Yes what I like about 408 pickups is that they have this certain warmth and fullness in them that I like yet the pickups are very articulate with much detail ala singlecoils, everything I throw in they just throw back at me, very lively sounding guitar.

Yes, exactly! They really do everything well. And if you want more vintage sounds, you just roll back the tone and volume a bit.

Yes, fiddling with volume and tone knobs, all 8 modes sound great to me.
This guitar captures what I love about humbuckers and singlecoils equally in one guitar, usually with other "hybrid" guitars with coil taps, one has to be more dominating, but not with 408.

Few more pics at home, this autumn sky top is one of those finishes that is hard to take good pics, it also doesn't help I am using my galaxy S3 cam.

Last edited:
Back