408 with Rosewood Neck

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by BrownDog, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BrownDog

BrownDog New Member

Has anyone play one of these? Not only curious about the feel of the Indian rosewood neck but its impact on the guitar's tone, hum buckler and single coils.

Thanks. With tone and oneness, Mike

2. WEDGE

WEDGE Zombie five, DFZ

I have a 408 maple top with a rosewood neck. Love the guitar and the rosewood does not seem to darken the tone a whole lot, still very bright and articulate, maybe too much so for my taste. The single coils sound good with a clean tone, less apparent when gain is pushed up.

As for the neck itself nothing beats rosewood and this one is smooth and comfortable, I got the pattern thin carve and it is nice.

also I like the blade switch although I know it is polarizing for some people.

3. Egads

Egads One, Two, THIRTEEN!

I recently played a maple top and a standard, both with rosewood necks They were very bell-like. I fell in love with both (got to be a near-future purchase).

4. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

I have a standard with the RW neck. One word - sa-weet! It rings like a bell acoustically, and tone-wise it's not too bright, not too dark.

5. Captainwave

Captainwave New Member

I've had mine for a month and a half now. It's absolutely fantastic. I have a Masterbuilt Strat (a 2004 '54 Reissue) so I really don't need the singlecoil sounds, but they are pretty good too. The neck is just to die for. Silky smooth, no friction whatsoever. I really can't judge if it sounds any different from a mahogany neck (I'm not a pro guitarist) but the feel, oh boy. That's a completely different story. Just buy one, will ya :adore:

[​IMG]
    Image from Brent at TGS (http://www.theguitarshop.ca/index.php). The best guitar pusher in the west.

#5 Captainwave, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  6. Steve59

Steve59 Mature Member

I'll let you know... Still waiting for my Pre-Christmas order. I realize it's the holiday and NAMM but I'm starting to get a bit anxious. 408MT with rosewood waiting...

7. BrownDog

BrownDog New Member

Thanks for the insights, much-ly appreciated!

#7 BrownDog, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. crgtr

crgtr Zombie Eight - DFZ

I really like the 408 STD w/ the rosie neck. Great guitar!

#8 crgtr, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  9. south89

south89 New Member

I have a standard 408 w/ rosewood neck and a Sig Limited . They are both amazing guitars and the 408 pickups are very versatile. The 408 hog with crackwood is a little bit more low mids than the Siggy but I plated the both of them back to back again last night and they are very close tone wise . I gues it all depends on what style of music you are playing but you can't go wrong :408mt:

10. BrownDog

BrownDog New Member

Again, thanks!

With tone and oneness, Mike