4000 posts about nothing...

...Val cautioned Deja about the rug again, and Deja let out an agreeable bark. Satisfied, Val asked Deja what was on the docket tonight. Deja did her best Tim Allen impression of "Huh?" and Val thought, "Hmm. Nothing doing. I guess it's me and the leftover House Lo Mien for snacking this evening. Either that, or an evening of using the binoculars to check out the surface of the moon and check on old lady Huffington down a ways while she's sipping tea, noshing on a Hostess cupcake (or was it a petrified Twinkie?), and knitting while sitting in her chair.

Deja whined ever so slightly and Val let Deja out back to pee, all the while Val was watching Ms. Huffington knit one, pearl two. Val wondered if life would be like that for her in the future. Deja ambled back up the steps and onto the deck. Val felt a sudden night chill ands said to Deja, "Let's head indoors, I've got a couple cookies for you..." Deja shook her coat and followed Val who in was getting some bowls ready for both the Lo Mien and Deja's water...

It was past midnight, both were still up, Val had put the kettle on, and spooned the remnants of the Lo Mien into a bowl. Deja sat quietly by and waited patiently for her water...Val had put on some Miles Davis on her stereo while sounds of Deja lapping up the water could be heard from the kitchen...Val sat down and then Deja sauntered in and put his chin on Val's knee. Val reached out and patted Deja on the head as sounds of "The Complete Birth of the Cool" wafted through the room.

"Time for bed, ol' gal?" asked Val. Deja found her place near the heating baseboard and doggie bed. Val kicked off her sandals and turned out the living room light as she climbed the stairs to her room. The moon shone through the front window and street traffic mixed with stereo were the only sounds Deja could hear. It was partially cloudy outside and the moonlight drifted in and out behind the clouds. Deja heard Val climb into bed and turn out the lamp next to her bed. Deja put her head down and closed her eyes.

Suddenly, what sounded like a large mariachi band drove by and Deja was up and guarding the apartment again. Then, as quickly as it occurred, Deja settled back down, this time, waiting much longer to close her eyes. The stereo sleep-timer shut off, and all was well for the evening....

...And other circus things. Ronald was no ordinary clone, he was Dolly's distant sheep cousin clone. Somehow, back in the laboratory, the DNA that had cloned Dolly the sheep was also part of Ronald's heritage. Yet, how did this all affect Ronald? Ronald had gotten used to saying, "Bah!" more often than not, and "Hello!" when he used the phone. Ronald's friends were perplexed. Did "Bah!" mean goodbye, or just a display of disdain? And did "Hello!" indicate a greeting, or just mean he was happy to see you? Ronald pondered putting on chaps and a gunbelt and sauntering over to the saloon, where...

...Miss Kitty was singing a little theme song about someone named Felix. Ronald tried sitting down in his chaps, but could only squat on a barstool. That made for some uncomfortable whiskey drinking...

...Suddenly a cheap truck pulled up out front. Jed ambled into the saloon with Ellie-Mae not far behind. The bar patrons looked over their shoulders as Jed loudly announced, "You folks don't reckon to have a spot o' moonshine for an old folk? It's been several days on the trail and me an' me kin could use a bit of local hospitality..."

" ... and a bit of opossum stew" which made Deja shudder with the thought that he might end up in a black pot as some long-lost Ozark recipe. However Val was having none of this and, steely-eyed with no doubt as to her intention, stated quite firmly .....

"Wha'choo talkin bout, Willis?"

Last edited:
We'll be right back to 'As the Stomach Churns' but first a word from our sponsors at the Hiney Winery.

Big Red and Thor Hiney want to invite everyone out to the Winery for a special charity wine tasting and guitar auction. Baked goods will be provided from the kitchen of Ima Hiney, along with music by the Heads Up Hiney Band.

And now back to our program...

We'll be right back to 'As the Stomach Churns' but first a word from our sponsors at the Hiney Winery.

Big Red and Thor Hiney want to invite everyone out to the Winery for a special charity wine tasting and guitar auction. Baked goods will be provided from the kitchen of Ima Hiney, along with music by the Heads Up Hiney Band.

And now back to our program...

Not to be dissuaded, Val reflected on her day, sat back with a glass of "why not" from her refrigerator box of Franzia, and either had a slice of pie or a small plate of cookies (the writer cannot be sure because all that was left were crumbs) That took her 3 minutes for the baked goods, but Val savored the why not for a good half-hour, then realized she was cold and needed a cuppa coffee. Who knew that the why not and coffee would have synergistic effects? Val was both tipsy and wide awake, when she needed to be both tipsy and heading to bed...

But where were her manors? Jed and Ellie Mae were still pounding shot after shot of shine. It amazed Val how these hicks could drink that stuff like water. Deja wasn't shocked at all. They were after all drinking water. Deja drank the last of the white lightning months ago, when Val was seeing that clown...

wimganum lemosa it is the best witch in the world ever because it is harry potter from the witch chronicle videos that i have seen loads of times. he is really good to have a draw of because he has got thick dark brown hair and he is good at spells. i like him because he always draws fire bolts on to his head so people know that he can do a fire bolt spells so they dont mess with him and my best bit in his video is when he tells his owl to wake him up at 12 o clock at night because that is the best time for him to do some spells on people because it is the time that he feels most alive at and when it was 12 o clock at night his owl tells him to get up and he goes on to his broom to snapes house that is in the black forest near the bottom of school and he makes his broom go forward 3 times really quickly so it knocks on snapes front door 3 times and then he flys over to a tree in snapes garden that is near the path and he does a tree spell so that he makes himself look like a haunted tree and then when snape opens his front door in his dressing gown he screams who is knocking on my front door at 12 o clock at night and then harry potter makes a massive wolfs noise that he can do really easy when he presses down on his throat when he is screaming like a wolf and snape says be gone with you foul wolfs and then harry potter does a other spell that turns his broom in to a cup filled with flames and then he throws it all over snapes leg so that his leg goes on fire and then harry potter runs over to him and he does a massive back flip on to snapes roof and he says dont you ever do any more spells on my friends any more or i will burn the rest of your body you demon and then he jumps down from on the roof in slow motion and he turns himself in to a sort of creature that can hover and he hovers back to his school where he lives at and he keeps on looking back at snape to check if his leg is still on fire and he keeps on saying good when he sees that his leg is still on fire and then he goes back in to his bed and his friend with the orange hair wakes up and he says where have you been at 12 o clock at night time and harry potter looks at him and he does a half smile and he says oh nowhere i just went to have a stretch of my legs and his friend says that is fine and then harry potter just lies in his bed for ages thinking about gymnastics spells because they are his best ones to think about

wimganum lemosa it is the best witch in the world ever because it is harry potter from the witch chronicle videos that i have seen loads of times. he is really good to have a draw of because he has got thick dark brown hair and he is good at spells. i like him because he always draws fire bolts on to his head so people know that he can do a fire bolt spells so they dont mess with him and my best bit in his video is when he tells his owl to wake him up at 12 o clock at night because that is the best time for him to do some spells on people because it is the time that he feels most alive at and when it was 12 o clock at night his owl tells him to get up and he goes on to his broom to snapes house that is in the black forest near the bottom of school and he makes his broom go forward 3 times really quickly so it knocks on snapes front door 3 times and then he flys over to a tree in snapes garden that is near the path and he does a tree spell so that he makes himself look like a haunted tree and then when snape opens his front door in his dressing gown he screams who is knocking on my front door at 12 o clock at night and then harry potter makes a massive wolfs noise that he can do really easy when he presses down on his throat when he is screaming like a wolf and snape says be gone with you foul wolfs and then harry potter does a other spell that turns his broom in to a cup filled with flames and then he throws it all over snapes leg so that his leg goes on fire and then harry potter runs over to him and he does a massive back flip on to snapes roof and he says dont you ever do any more spells on my friends any more or i will burn the rest of your body you demon and then he jumps down from on the roof in slow motion and he turns himself in to a sort of creature that can hover and he hovers back to his school where he lives at and he keeps on looking back at snape to check if his leg is still on fire and he keeps on saying good when he sees that his leg is still on fire and then he goes back in to his bed and his friend with the orange hair wakes up and he says where have you been at 12 o clock at night time and harry potter looks at him and he does a half smile and he says oh nowhere i just went to have a stretch of my legs and his friend says that is fine and then harry potter just lies in his bed for ages thinking about gymnastics spells because they are his best ones to think about
John, you've certainly taken this thing to heart

Back