365 days of PRS goodness!

Like that AX! - My next guitar will have P90's front and back

I dig this pickup combo! I still think these are pretty much a" Tonal Swiss Army Knife" with the coil split especially, I am always surprised at the noise I can squeeze out of it.

I dig this pickup combo! I still think these are pretty much a" Tonal Swiss Army Knife" with the coil split especially, I am always surprised at the noise I can squeeze out of it.
This aspect has drawn me to a couple of guitars. The Mira was my first versatile axe, and the P22 is fantastic with the piezo mix. Would love to try a hum/P90 combo.

This aspect has drawn me to a couple of guitars. The Mira was my first versatile axe, and the P22 is fantastic with the piezo mix. Would love to try a hum/P90 combo.
Highly recommended. Having two guitars similar to this config (ye olde Les Paul and the Vela, with the Type D not completely unlike a P90), I highly enjoy having a big difference between pickups.

I guess first and foremost...I'm a tiny little budget for my G.A.S. So for me being so limited I have tried to choose wisely when it comes to versitility and feel. I loved the versitility of the CU 24 I started with but I just never loved the neck and/or the scale. The CR, which is based off of the SC245 is killer for me...the W/F neck and the shorter scale makes it feel on point. Add the 57/08"s" and the P90 and BAM! We have a WINNER! I only wish it wasn't such a fat@$$! Well I don't call it "The Fat Kid" for nothin...just like its namesake it's of the "full figured" veriety!

I guess first and foremost...I'm a tiny little budget for my G.A.S. So for me being so limited I have tried to choose wisely when it comes to versitility and feel. I loved the versitility of the CU 24 I started with but I just never loved the neck and/or the scale. The CR, which is based off of the SC245 is killer for me...the W/F neck and the shorter scale makes it feel on point. Add the 57/08"s" and the P90 and BAM! We have a WINNER! I only wish it wasn't such a fat@$$! Well I don't call it "The Fat Kid" for nothin...just like its namesake it's of the "full figured" veriety!

“Winner, winner. Fat kid’s dinner” :D

You really should check out a Vela. There’s also a strong used market making deals on this great guitar possible. ;) Plus, it’s thin and light.

You really should check out a Vela. There’s also a strong used market making deals on this great guitar possible. ;) Plus, it’s thin and light.

Cool Thanks Boogie! I have honestly never looked at the Velas that much. But...after watching them go for less than a grand in "near mint or excellent" condition.

I have a buddy that got one a few years back, and he has been a LP guy and for as long as I've known him. With a bad back his #1 LP was a monster tone wise, but it was unbelievably heavy. He was to the point of not gigging anymore. The Vela was his first PRS, but he's added several more since then. He still swears by the Vela. From what I've seen they have to be one of the best all-around values out there.

Greeeat...now I have yet another model to lust over...man you are good @Boogie ! I didn't feel that. Talk about enabling my GAS. Geez!

Cool Thanks Boogie! I have honestly never looked at the Velas that much. But...after watching them go for less than a grand in "near mint or excellent" condition.

I have a buddy that got one a few years back, and he has been a LP guy and for as long as I've known him. With a bad back his #1 LP was a monster tone wise, but it was unbelievably heavy. He was to the point of not gigging anymore. The Vela was his first PRS, but he's added several more since then. He still swears by the Vela. From what I've seen they have to be one of the best all-around values out there.

Greeeat...now I have yet another model to lust over...man you are good @Boogie ! I didn't feel that. Talk about enabling my GAS. Geez!

Could be worse - he could have pointed you towards a reclaimed wood Vela... :eek:

Could be worse - he could have pointed you towards a reclaimed wood Vela... :eek:

So yeah, there is always a bright side...doh!!! Ya just had to didn't ya??:eek: Naa, he already planted that seed. But, the more the price of particular madel gets to the price of my Dream DGT...the less googly my eyes get...gotta keep my eye on the prize...you know, I have goals and I have to achieve them & I'm hyper focused on what I want until I make it so...man that sounded almost convincing...almost.

Naa it's mostly because I'm no longer as "comfortable" as I was a few years ago and I have to keep every penny in check...so I have to be a responsible adult...and to that I say....THIS IS SOME BULLSH!T!!! Adulting blows!!:mad: that is all...carry on.

Back