35th Anniversary Custom SE now with dealers

Nope. I asked at Dave’s today. They were going to call me with an update. They haven’t yet.

I still would like to sell the Mustang rather than trading it in. So a little extra time isn’t an issue.

Just been to pick it up from my dealer - currently thawing out & will post picks & some sort of review tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Yeah it’s pretty fresh up here today!

Although I saw a postie delivering letters this morning, dressed in shorts. He must have been feeling the heat!

Well that sucks. Opened the box and unbagged it. Looked over the finish and discovered a large circular crack on the rear. Just pinged off an e-mail to the retailer and will see what they say. Haven't even plugged it in yet.

Wow. That’s some kinda sucktastic luck. Sorry to hear that. Fortunately I’ll probably have my pick of two that come into Dave’s at some point.

Well that sucks. Opened the box and unbagged it. Looked over the finish and discovered a large circular crack on the rear. Just pinged off an e-mail to the retailer and will see what they say. Haven't even plugged it in yet.

Noooooooo!

Really sorry to hear that.

Yup, just my luck. Only gave it a quick strum then boxed it back up. Quite a weight to it - heavier than I thought it would be. Really nice fretwork, smooth tuners. Will wait to hear what the dealer says about a replacement.

lEaKpd9D_o.jpg

My dealer managed to get a replacement quicker than I thought.

No problems with the finish but now that I'm home I've noticed the 6 pivot screws at the front of the trem aren't all at the same height which can cause undue wear on the knife-edge; according to the support page they should all be the same. I'll take a closer look tomorrow and set things up to my taste but for the moment I'm wondering what the QC process (here in the UK & Indonesia) adds to the overall package! Maybe I'm being too picky - I appreciate this is an SE rather than a Core but for £900 they should be getting these things right, no?

Pivot screws (ignore the pitting on the face of the string blocks - we're on a budget here!)
OgsxQOZn_o.jpg

1988 meets 2019
BownVfyi_o.jpg

My dealer managed to get a replacement quicker than I thought.

No problems with the finish but now that I'm home I've noticed the 6 pivot screws at the front of the trem aren't all at the same height which can cause undue wear on the knife-edge; according to the support page they should all be the same. I'll take a closer look tomorrow and set things up to my taste but for the moment I'm wondering what the QC process (here in the UK & Indonesia) adds to the overall package! Maybe I'm being too picky - I appreciate this is an SE rather than a Core but for £900 they should be getting these things right, no?

Pivot screws (ignore the pitting on the face of the string blocks - we're on a budget here!)
OgsxQOZn_o.jpg

1988 meets 2019
BownVfyi_o.jpg

Congratulations on both. Love the 35th anniversary model, great top and lovely inlays.

The ‘88 is class.

Make sure you do the trem screw adjustment without any tension. I can’t emphasize that enough.

That's tomorrow's little adventure! The odd thing is that my '88 CE has all 6 screws set pretty much down flat to the body and it's never given an issue in 30+ years of playing. I don't recall ever messing with it when I first got it so perhaps that was how they were back in the day.

What Boogie said. Disconnect the springs from the trem claw before making any adjustments, or you'll ruin the trem base.

Thanks for the tip - I wasn't sure if Boogie's advice was to loosen just the strings (per the PRS tech page) or as you say - ZERO tension.

Wish me luck, I'm going in.....

Congratulations on both. Love the 35th anniversary model, great top and lovely inlays.

The ‘88 is class.

Yeah, the '88 is a keeper. Lots of guitars have come and gone but that stays. Mind you, my Washburn N2 (signed by Joe Satriani!!) is from about 1994 and my Strat is a 40th anniversary so I also hang on to some old guitars.

The inlays on the 35th are really nice and actually better on this one than the one I took back. Result!

All my trems are up 1/2 step or slightly more, in addition to down. As you said, once it's fixed, it ain't movin.

Back