35th Anniversary Custom 24

Skeeter

Hey, I haven’t seen much talk from those that have gotten one of these yet. Obviously, I know they just hit the market in the past month or so, making the pool small.

But, to the extent they’re out there - I’d be curious to hear from those that have gotten one (or even just played one) and how they are liking them. Can you tell any difference between a TCI 85/15 and the original ones? If anyone has compared - do you hear/feel any difference between these and a Cu24-08? (Besides the placement of the switches/knobs).

I’ve been thinking of getting a new Cu24, especially once the 24-08 was announced, as I’m a big fan of 408s. I’ve never had the chance to play any other PRS with 408 tech besides the 408s. (My 408 is arguably my #1). Is there much sonic difference in the splits between these MT-enabled 85/15s and the resistor method started in DGTs and extended successfully to other models, like 594s? How do the various split options sound in a Cu24, where the pups are closer together?

Bottom line is that I’d really just like to hear any thoughts, tone reports you all may have.

I do one have specific question that most dealers can’t seem to definitively answer, and isn’t clear on the website - I assume that these (and all 35th Ann. models) will have the new nitro finish?

Thanks so much for any insight!

I haven't played one but there is one on display at a local shop. Insane top on it too. I think they used some choice pieces of maple for these.

So i bought one a few months back. Got it in than I was in Colombia for 3 weeks and LV for a week. I have finally had some time to put it through general paces. Hands down, this is the best guitar i have ever owned. Over 47 years of playing and a large stable to pull from.

Absolutely amazing. The most ironic thing is that it is a hybrid flame quilt single piece 10 top. I have only seen 2 piece flame tops available. Dumb luck? On top of the playability, tone and overall feel? Shes a beaut as well!

My first PRS btw...
o4mrkqcoe0jyx85vvzxm.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up one of these before the new year and completely fell in love with it. As one would expect with a PRS, it plays flawlessly and sounds fantastic.

I do have a 24-08, but it's not an apples-to-apples kind of comparison since my 24-08 has 58/15MT pickups and a rosewood neck. I think the new 35th Anniversary has a little be more top-end clarity to it than the 24-08....this could be because of the neck, the finish, or just the specific pieces of wood used.

One thing I know for certain, I LOVE the new CAB finish. It's considerably lighter than my non-CAB finished guitars. It's incredibly smooth to the touch, looks (and smells) fantastic, and reflects really well. I'm also convinced that there is much more inherent resonance with this new finish. The guitar rings and vibrates in a much more lively manner than any of my other guitars, Hollowbody included.

I finally got a chance to play it at a gig just this past weekend, too....and man, did it kill. This guitar is so incredibly well balanced when referring to clean vs. overdriven. My band does quite a wide range of covers that require a lot of different tones. With my other guitars, I will find myself needing to make amp adjustments in respect for a couple different songs - especially clean tones. With this guitar, I found myself able to find the right tones by simply adjusting the tone and volume knobs - very, very responsive. I also got several compliments from the band mates on the guitars tone. Also, this thing can sustain like no other guitar. All my PRS guitars have excellent sustain, but this one seems a bit easier to get that organic note-to-feedback sound that people just can't get enough of. Maybe it's the pickups, maybe it's the finish, or maybe it's the specific pieces of wood....but I'm just inclined to believe it's the sum of all it's parts.

f7EiIlW.jpg

Here's a couple links to my NGD and a thread I made about the new finish...

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/unexpected-ngd.41237/

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...e-has-it-what-do-you-think.41629/#post-530563

Last edited:
So i bought one a few months back. Got it in than I was in Colombia for 3 weeks and LV for a week. I have finally had some time to put it through general paces. Hands down, this is the best guitar i have ever owned. Over 47 years of playing and a large stable to pull from.

Absolutely amazing. The most ironic thing is that it is a hybrid flame quilt single piece 10 top. I have only seen 2 piece flame tops available. Dumb luck? On top of the playability, tone and overall feel? Shes a beaut as well!

My first PRS btw...
o4mrkqcoe0jyx85vvzxm.jpg
That's a great one to pick as your first! Logical question; what's next??

So am I correct in thinking the only difference between the Custom 24 35th Anniversary and the Custom 24-08 is the type of 3 way switch it has and the position of the mini toggles? Both will get TCI pickups.

So am I correct in thinking the only difference between the Custom 24 35th Anniversary and the Custom 24-08 is the type of 3 way switch it has and the position of the mini toggles? Both will get TCI pickups.

Generally speaking, yeah....except, of course, for a couple visual designs, i.e the birds and headstock eagle. Pickups can also range in the 24-08. I've seen them with the 58/15MT's and 85/15's. I'm not sure if the 2020 models will get the TCI'd version of their respective pickups, but I'm inclined to believe they will as it seems like a "sweeping" feature, along with the new finish.

I have a custom 22 85/15 and my daughter has a CU24 with TCI 85/15 and wow. Now my 594 has the TCI 58/15 lt TCI and its absolutely perfect. Im still waiting on my 24-08 artist package to come in and they are going to have low turns are well. Long amswer short yes there is a difference

Back