35th anniversary custom 24 SE output jack dropped

I'm on my 4th SE...all of them have been flawless and IMHO they are hands down the best value on the market. Especially when compared to other guitars at these price points.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...guitars are made by humans...and humans are fallible.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but it is a really easy fix. It sucks but it's still really easy none the less.

Last edited:
Understood...
I'm just pointing out that for the output jack to be unfastened on a brand new PRS guitar, even an SE, is just - crappy "quality control"....

Well, what we're talking about here is a loose nut. Something that could have easily happened in transit. If someone handed it to you directly at the factory and it was like that, yeah, you wonder how that gets missed. But the OP said it happened a day after he got the guitar, so that's not what happened. I've personally never checked the nut on an input jack when I've bought a guitar, and I'd never think to. And if this happened to me a day later, I'd probably just try to fix it. To me, this is nothing more than a loose locking screw on a tuner, a loose strap button, or a saddle screw that has worked loose. Hardly a sign of bad QC and impending doom.

Bring my Valium! The metal nut holding the jack on a guitar came loose!

“Here, just breathe in and out in this paper bag.”

“B-b-but a part came loose! On a PRS!”

“I know. Just breathe, that’s it. They’ll put a new nut on the thread and it will be good as new.”

“But it was new! Er mah gerd! We’re all going to die!”

“Yes, we’re all going to die. But maybe not in the next five minutes. Breathe. Remember the newb who was freaked out because he had to tune his guitar every day?”

“Yes.”

“He died. Should have breathed into a bag.”

Apologies if my replies have appeared overly critical. My experiences with PRS guitars over the years has only given me the highest expectations of what to expect from them - I tried a second-hand 408 Artist Pack on Thursday and the rosewood neck felt like nothing else I've ever played. Every guitar should have one!

With regard to the OP's query, the very fact that it's their first electric guitar and they're not sure what to do would suggest they aren't confident fixing things themselves. Imagine if they now try to fix it and end up breaking a wire. Well that's not too bad as they can now learn how to solder too! My point being if you have to ask what to do in this instance, it's better to let the retailer fix it.

Apologies if my replies have appeared overly critical. My experiences with PRS guitars over the years has only given me the highest expectations of what to expect from them - I tried a second-hand 408 Artist Pack on Thursday and the rosewood neck felt like nothing else I've ever played. Every guitar should have one!

With regard to the OP's query, the very fact that it's their first electric guitar and they're not sure what to do would suggest they aren't confident fixing things themselves. Imagine if they now try to fix it and end up breaking a wire. Well that's not too bad as they can now learn how to solder too! My point being if you have to ask what to do in this instance, it's better to let the retailer fix it.
I agree with all of this, especially the part about rosewood necks. If I could afford one I’d have one.

I generally agree as well, but this sounds like it just requires putting a loose nut back on the jack. If so, it will save a trip to the dealer and lost time not playing the guitar. I check the nut on my guitar every so often because mine does loosen over time.

Enjoy the new guitar!

I’ll chip in and say the SE 245 that I was kindly gifted earlier this year, is a lot of guitar for the money. The fretwork is top notch for a guitar of its cost.

The fit and finish are very good as well. I’m still blown away every time aI think of how I have come to own this beautiful instrument.

I’m sure that most of us would have done the same as @Hotblack Desiato and returned the guitar with the obvious damage. I know there are a lot of very discerning customers on here.

However for every guitar that we hear has issues, I’m pretty sure that there are hundreds that are stunning straight out of the box.

Nothing else to see here, move along please.

Back