35/20s ???

Clearly, as PRS is going to always stick to the same nomenclature specification, they are pickups inspired by historical 1935 models (or 2035) built in 1920 (or 2020)

You got me here, with the time travel: inspired by the 2035 model, built in 1920! ...

The pickup that never was ( well, sort of). 35th Anniversary, introduced in 2020

... but reality came in :oops:

The pickup that never was ( well, sort of). 35th Anniversary, introduced in 2020

Unfortunately they won't be available through Private Stock either. Sorry.

I’m completely confused. A pickup introduced in 2020 (less than a month in) that “sort of” doesn’t exist, that you can’t order in Private Stock...except for the one at Sweetwater, which has “prototype” written on the back of the headstock. Is this something that was going to happen, or something still to come? Now I’m even more curious.

I’m completely confused. A pickup introduced in 2020 (less than a month in) that “sort of” doesn’t exist, that you can’t order in Private Stock...except for the one at Sweetwater, which has “prototype” written on the back of the headstock. Is this something that was going to happen, or something still to come? Now I’m even more curious.

This was going to happen, but then later shelved.

This was going to happen, but then later shelved.

Thanks Shawn. You guys come up with so many great ideas...guess you can’t go into production with all of them. Makes me wonder what other cool prototype ideas never made it to wider production. Perhaps a cool idea for another thread...or several more jokes from the crew (like those above). Well it is a beautiful guitar, hopefully whoever purchases it will post a demo of these cancelled prototype (“no-go-type”?) pickups. And no...I’m not going to buy it, so don’t even go there guys (I’m looking at you Serge and Bodia).

I'm not really "curious" but now I REALLY want a set...

Sorry, I have to let you down. I've got one incoming, and a Midnight Rose on pre-order. I'm saving my pennies for Exp! Don't plan on leaving there empty handed!

Thanks Shawn. You guys come up with so many great ideas...guess you can’t go into production with all of them. Makes me wonder what other cool prototype ideas never made it to wider production. Perhaps a cool idea for another thread...or several more jokes from the crew (like those above). Well it is a beautiful guitar, hopefully whoever purchases it will post a demo of these cancelled prototype (“no-go-type”?) pickups. And no...I’m not going to buy it, so don’t even go there guys (I’m looking at you Serge and Bodia).

Several things get developed and sit for a while or they just get shelved completely. For example, we had the S2 594's waiting in the wings for quite a while. It was a relief for me when they were finally released!

I’ve been talking to Sweetwater about purchasing this guitar with the 35/20 pickups. From what I can tell, the covers on the pickups say 58/15LT. Can you explain a little more about what’s going on here? Are these TCI? The Sweetwater rep doesn’t really know anything more than what they have on their website.

Back