35/20s ???

StillCantankerous

Deja Voodo
So forgive me if this has been discussed; I tried searching for this in the forum and couldn't find anything.

There is a PS #8362 on SW that is a McCarty Prototype that list the following as a spec:

Bridge and neck humbucking pickups: PRS 35/20 Alnico 2

I didn't see anything on the PRS site about this, and took a quick gander at the new models.

Anyone know what this is all about? Is this a fancy TCI-related terminology thingy? I'm interested...possibly intrigued...

Assume 35th anniversary made in 2020 like the regular naming convention...BUT?????

So forgive me if this has been discussed; I tried searching for this in the forum and couldn't find anything.

There is a PS #8362 on SW that is a McCarty Prototype that list the following as a spec:

Bridge and neck humbucking pickups: PRS 35/20 Alnico 2

I didn't see anything on the PRS site about this, and took a quick gander at the new models.

Anyone know what this is all about? Is this a fancy TCI-related terminology thingy? I'm interested...possibly intrigued...

Assume 35th anniversary made in 2020 like the regular naming convention...BUT?????

Clearly, as PRS is going to always stick to the same nomenclature specification, they are pickups inspired by historical 1935 models (or 2035) built in 1920 (or 2020)

35 is the number of guitars it looks like I'll be owning if this keeps up. 20 is the number of additional thousands of dollars it will take for their purchase. What isn't presented is the fun factor and degree of satisfaction obtained. :)

35 is the number of guitars it looks like I'll be owning if this keeps up. 20 is the number of additional thousands of dollars it will take for their purchase. What isn't presented is the fun factor and degree of satisfaction obtained. :)

I think it’s closer to $35k for 20 guitars. Still the same fun and satisfaction!;)

Back