305 pu=513?

hammeron

Does anyone know if 305 pickups are the same as those used in the 513?

So I just checked with PRS, and although they are the same single coils, the "humbucker" pairs at the neck and bridge are mounted on a single circuit board. So my hopes of replacing my bad neck pickup with some 305 pickups I found have been dashed. Oh well, full price here I come. :bawling:

It's hard to tell behind the proprietary wall of black alien pick ups, but 305's were different than 513's. There are very definite differences between the sounds of the early 305 prototypes and the production version with the early prototypes being more strat like than the production 305's. You can even see differences in measured resistance between the 513 models. The guitars with the brighter woods appear to be slightly hotter.

Agreed. Definitely trust his word over mine.
It's hard to tell behind the proprietary wall of black alien pick ups, but 305's were different than 513's. There are very definite differences between the sounds of the early 305 prototypes and the production version with the early prototypes being more strat like than the production 305's. You can even see differences in measured resistance between the 513 models. The guitars with the brighter woods appear to be slightly hotter.
I stand corrected.

Back