305 Neck profile

mojo1fan

I'm trying to find out the neck profile on the now-discontinued 305. Online I've seen wide-fat and I've seen regular. Any info is appreciated.

Pretty much the same anyhow. If you like one chances are you'll like the other.

Online I've seen wide-fat and I've seen regular.

Yeah but Pattern and Pattern Regular are two different necks altogether.

Yes they are. But my understanding is regular and pattern are the same. Pattern Regular is very similar but with a narrower nut.

Either way, A quick glance and going off memory when I was looking for one the 305s were listed or specd as WF or Pattern.

Last edited:
I only see regular/pattern regular on all the internet archives of the PRS website.

Me too. The confusion comes from some listings on ReBay that claim to have Pattern/Wide-Fat necks. I have a feeling they're wrong.
Yes they are. But my understanding is regular and pattern are the same. Pattern Regular is very similar but with a narrower nut.
No, regular = pattern regular. PATTERN = Wide-Fat.

Me too. The confusion comes from some listings on ReBay that claim to have Pattern/Wide-Fat necks. I have a feeling they're wrong.

Yeah I see a lot of bad listings. The wayback machine is very useful to look up specs listed on their website at the time a particular model was in production.

I just did another look...

I'm thinking it is pattern regular. I found some old references from PRS and dealers. Also, some actual measurements of past sale listings from sellers I trust and have bought from.

Lots for sale, posts, and specs do reference WF or pattern though. So it's all sorts of confusing.

Back