305 ARTIST PACKAGE??? Can it be done??

tonyvenn

Hello all.....

Newbie to the Forum....

I've been away from the PRS site for a while...so some of the changes here are very nice! Some of the new models are pretty cool too!

I'm dying for a 305...but I was wondering if it'll be available soon in the "Artist" line?

It seems to be what I want....alder body, maple 25.5 neck.....but I really love ebony fretboards....and I also love the black headstock face similar to my CE-24....

Am I out of luck? Am I now venturing into "Private Stock" territory? Or...is this a simple switch they can do on ordering?

Anyone that can offer up some advice...I'd be very grateful!!!

Tony

The 305 is not listed on the Artist Package website but I feel that some of the dealers that are closer with PRS may be able to get one for you.

If ebony is the only thing your heart desires - may I suggest buying a used 305 - and then having PTC do a fretboard swap? In the end it'll be cheaper than a brand new 305, let alone one with an Artist Package/PS. I sware by PTC!

Hello!

Funny you should mention that.....

I was contemplating doing that to my CE-24....but it has such "mojo", y'know what I mean? I don't want to ruin the vibe....

I checked into the PTC about my CE....and yes...it is affordable. Perhaps that would be a better way to go....

I'll do some more checking....but in the meantime....can anyone else comment if they've purchased a 305 with an "Artist package"?

Thanks to Shawn, here are the photos of the board swap I was talking about earlier!

12-2.jpg

12-6.jpg

Back