3 Songs

jjpish68

So just for fun what are 3 songs you really enjoy playing? Doesn't matter if you gig or play for your own entertainment. We all have a few songs that we just enjoy playing for whatever reason.

My 3 are:

Rick Deringer - Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
The Vapors - Turning Japanese

For me they are all just fun nothing technically complicated just good old fun.

What's everybody got?

Last edited:
Sweet Home Alabama, because it’s hands down the catchiest Strat riff in the history of ever.

Oh Well, because someday I will nail the turnaround without breaking out of the riff’s swing.

Long Train Running, because it’s fun to see how long I can keep the sixteenth chucks a-chucking along. Plus, Tom Johnston is a PRS O.G.

Last edited:
With my main band:
Red Barchetta - Rush
Don't Change - INXS
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

At church:
Death Was Arrested - North Point
King of Heaven - an original
Holy Ground - Passion

With my 2nd cover band:
Foreplay/Long Time - Boston
What is and What Should Never Be - Led Zep
I Know a Little - Skynyrd

"The Rainsong" Led Zeppelin ( PRS 12 string HB) thru Bose L1S
"Europa" (most of it anyway) Santana (PRS DC594) thru Mesa Kingsnake
Fingerstyle versions of Andrew Lloyd Weber, G. Lightfoot, J. Croce, D. McClean, you name it, (Taylor acoustic = not my fault, being a loyal PRS guy waiting for the Core line acoustic to return, Uh Hmm- Hint) thru Bose L1S

I love "R U Mine", I might have to work on an arrangement for that.

"Rain Song" is Page's most brilliant composition ever. It's so cinematic, he evokes every different form of rain -- drizzle, cats & dogs, cloudburst...everything.

My 3+1:

Computer Love by Kraftwerk
12 O'Clock by Vangelis
Westworld theme song by Ramin Djawadi
Starglue Sniffer by Black Space Riders (I don't have an arrangement for the whole song, but I'll play the bassline on a baritone, and the power chords and the "icki-icki-icki-icki" rhythmic stuff on a regular guitar, both along with the song, but separately, just because it's so fraggin' groovy)

Last edited:
Because I usually play by myself, I challenge myself with standards, solo versions of these two (& others).

Don't go to strangers - Etta Jones
Dindi - Antonio Carlos Jobim

..... but if it's a jam .... ....with a drummer .....
.... I'm going with Johnny Guitar Watson baby!! (If you don't know Johnny G, you gotta give him a listen)

...... it's the only song I can nail on guitar and vocally in the same tune:p.

"Rain Song" is Page's most brilliant composition ever. It's so cinematic, he evokes every different form of rain -- drizzle, cats & dogs, cloudburst...everything.

Most definitely! Some songs you just bond with. Rainsong for me is one for sure. I would also put Europa right there and Memories of Love (Chicago-Terry Kath) as songs with a soul of their own. Playing them on a PRS guitar, especially my hollow bodies, I identify with the philosophy and soul of Paul Reed Smith's passion for the guitar, which is manifested in all the fine people who follow him in Stevensville and craft these perfect instruments, which culminates into a synergy all its own when I play these beautiful songs. Thank you Paul Reed Smith and all you wonderful people at PRS Guitars. You are the bestest with the mostest.

Back