3 prsi in this vid

That’s a really fun video with useful demos!

Huart’s always been interesting, but the other guy has gotten a lot better in front of the camera. All three of those guitars are really, really nice.

One thing Huart said struck me, when he was talking about having a sound, and a guitar that’s ‘yours’, not one someone else is known for.

The other thing that I think is 100% true is to trust your ears and yourself when it comes to creating parts.

So many great parts aren’t about pyrotechnics. They can be simple. I agree with that, and heck, I live by it since my playing is marginal but I seem to come up with licks and melodies that work, and the stuff gets broadcast, so...proof is in the pudding, I guess.

Last edited:
Postscript: On the topic of great riffs that are easy to play, I submit “Satisfaction.” It was the first thing I played when I picked up my brother’s guitar as a kid. Played it on one string. Boom. I was a guitar player. ;)

Postscript: On the topic of great riffs that are easy to play, I submit “Satisfaction.” It was the first thing I played when I picked up my brother’s guitar as a kid. Played it on one string. Boom. I was a guitar player. ;)
Smoke on the water comes to mind :D

You mean you never learned hot cross buns?

a guitar that’s ‘yours’, not one someone else is known for.
Where’s the mega-like button?

While it may be considered a bit heretical, I replaced the Starla pup with a PAF-like thing so I could use it as a convincing replacement for several other guitars. It looks that cool, plays that well, and lets me think different. And honestly, that’s what an instrument should do...be the mode of transportation to your destination...music. Thanks to Tim Pierce for that great analogy.

Where’s the mega-like button?

While it may be considered a bit heretical, I replaced the Starla pup with a PAF-like thing so I could use it as a convincing replacement for several other guitars. It looks that cool, plays that well, and lets me think different. And honestly, that’s what an instrument should do...be the mode of transportation to your destination...music. Thanks to Tim Pierce for that great analogy.

I am in 100% agreement!

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get so into the gear that I lose sight of why I get it in the first place. It’s good to be reminded that it’s about the music.

I am in 100% agreement!

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get so into the gear that I lose sight of why I get it in the first place. It’s good to be reminded that it’s about the music.
This is exactly what excites me the most about my Kemper. An idea strikes me, I dial in a unique tone that sounds great - not necessarily like anything in particular - and focus on developing my idea. I can get there fast, regardless of how odd the sound in my head is (or whether I have an amp that can make that tone possible). It’s very liberating for me. I’m guessing you won’t 100% agree with me there, but that’s ok.

:rolleyes:

Does a Kemper come with the orange Krishna sheet, finger cymbals, and flyers to pass out at airports, or is that extra?

The difference is, I couldn’t give a sh@t if anyone else likes it. But if you like to hang out in gymnasiums, I won’t judge you.

You picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Last edited:
Back