3/4 Scale PRS

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
If PRS made a 3/4 scale PRS, SE or Maryland-built, would you buy one?

For your child? For yourself?

Anyone ever see a 3/4 scale pickup?

It seems as though 3/4 sclae guitars are typically reduced in length but the width at the nit and bridge remain the same - probably due to the increased cost of making bridges and pickups that are 75% of the original size. Not to mention the tonal impact of smaller pups.

I would consider buying one for my 4 1/2 year old. However, it would also need to be able to be stepped on, thrown around, and otherwise mistreated by a 4 1/2 year old and be able to stand up to that abuse.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65304 said:
Anyone ever see a 3/4 scale pickup?

It seems as though 3/4 sclae guitars are typically reduced in length but the width at the nit and bridge remain the same - probably due to the increased cost of making bridges and pickups that are 75% of the original size. Not to mention the tonal impact of smaller pups.

SM-2.jpg

This is my 6 year old daughter Maria playing my Traveler Speedster through a 100-watt Plexi. She doesn't play yet, but she loves making noise. I'd buy one for sure. Hopefully, it would be small enough to use as a travel guitar.

C8CD0E07-D610-4A42-B6F4-6F886DAE005F-14859-00000840EE73C7E1_zpscd2d6f75.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
This is my 6 year old daughter Maria playing my Traveler Speedster through a 100-watt Plexi. She doesn't play yet, but she loves making noise. I'd buy one for sure. Hopefully, it would be small enough to use s a travel guitar.

C8CD0E07-D610-4A42-B6F4-6F886DAE005F-14859-00000840EE73C7E1_zpscd2d6f75.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm sorry, I can't HEAR this photo. That's code for "post a video" :)

I just tried to upload some video, but it didn't work. I guess I have to upload it to Youtube first.

Last edited:
In the "quick reply" box, you'll see a little icon that looks like a film strip. Post the link there. You will have to host it on youtube or another site first though.

I have been looking at 3/4 scale electric guitars for my now six year old daughter for a couple years and I have yet to find any that are even remotely a half decent instrument. I wish that PRS would make a SE (or a few) in a 3/4 scale length. When it comes time to buy her a guitar, I would much rather invest in a quality instrument for my girls (#2 is 1 year old so would be ready to step into said instrument when #1 is ready for a full size instrument) to be able to learn to play on that will sound good and play well and inspire confidence, than spend $100-200 on a piece of junk and another $500 in decent parts to attempt to upgrade it, only to still have it go out of tune every five seconds, still sound it came out of a gumball machine, and be so difficult to play well that it makes them want to quit playing after the first day.

I had a 3/4 classical that was so amazing. I am only 5'6", and for electrics, I was made for the 25" 24fr scale length. When PRS starts building nylons, that would likely be my next PS build. If I could chose, I would make it 3/4........& braz!!!!

Finding short guitars is easy. My kid needs a narrower neck too. Even her Hello Kitty Strat is too big.

A McCarty or Custom 24 that is 80% of original size (20" scale) would be just the ticket. John Mann said he could machine a proper trem bridge to match the size.

I'm going to email Seymour Duncan. If they have a way to make a set of buckers at 80%, I'm inclined to get a PS quote.

Last edited:
Back