2x12 Goodness

nosidamde

Taco Flavored Kisses
I just picked up a PRS 2x12 DB Big Mouth. Love the tone I get out of this cab with my Archon! I'm considering ordering another to stack them as needed for an outside gig. Bottom line, good bye Line 6 SpiderValve cab.

T5IBVQy.jpg

PRS cabs are a step up from just about everything. The big mouth is a great cab! Congrats. :rock:

Thanks again everyone! It sounded great last weekend, however, I've already pulled the trigger on a second one that should be here tomorrow. I'm almost ashamed to ask, but what is the proper way to hook these up to my Archon head? I'm assuming that the head should be set to 4 ohm since both cabs are 8 ohm, or should I set the head to 16 ohm since both cabs are 8 ohms? I use the 100W setting live, does it matter if the head is switched to 50W mode?

Thanks for any advice, just wanting to make sure I set these up the right way.

Four ohms input on amp for two eight ohm cabs.
Does the Archon have two four ohm inputs, or do the cabs also daisy chain with each other?

The head does have two speaker inputs, here is picture showing how it's currently set up.

p2kVzNI.jpg

Ah cool, should be able to just flip the switch to four ohms, then run each cab to the inputs.

On mine I do not have the switch, but two four ohm inputs and an 8 ohm one.
But the manual says to plug the first cab into the Four ohm input, then plug the second cab into the first cabs daisy chain input.

Ah cool, should be able to just flip the switch to four ohms, then run each cab to the inputs.

On mine I do not have the switch, but two four ohm inputs and an 8 ohm one.
But the manual says to plug the first cab into the Four ohm input, then plug the second cab into the first cabs daisy chain input.

Sounds good, thank you for the help! Looking forward to having both cabs, not that I really needed both but it should sound quite nice. :rock:

Sounds good, thank you for the help! Looking forward to having both cabs, not that I really needed both but it should sound quite nice. :rock:
You are welcome.
I could get by with one 1x12 cab, but I dig the looks of the two 1x12 cabs stacked on top of each other.

That looks great, nothing like a PRS and a double stack for GAS.
Do you also have the Vintage 30s?
That is what I have in each of mine.
Probably my favorite speaker.

9.jpg

These PRS cabinets also have V30's, which is what I had before and will continue to play through.

I like your setup too! I'm sure that is still enough to wake the neighbors? ;) I also run a PolyTune2 and G50 on my board as well. However, I've been using the Morpheus DropTune for years and noticed that newer Digitech Wammy DT pedal you have. Does it work well, how low can you go before it gets really muddy?

Thanks!
I went with it as they were not offering the Archon in a 25 watt head, only the combo.
So far I am very happy with it.

I have not tried going to low with the Digitech, I mainly keep the knob set to one octave below plus the original note.
Going to mess around with it sometime to make a clean channel sound like a 12 string guitar.

Heck, any of my amps are too loud for my place, even the battery run Roland Microcube and Yamaha THR 10X amps.
Unbelievable how loud those two little amps are.

I have to be careful with the Mesa Mark Five 25, or it can get away from me.
Some day I need to take it somewhere to open it wide.
I keep a 15 watt 10" speaker Blackstar ID15 at work to play in the mornings here before the building gets populated.
It puts a real smile on my face when I can crank it like that.
Also using an Audio Technica wireless with it, so I can go out into the hall and walk several feet way with the door shut, and it is still freakenly loud.
That is around 3 am in the morning :D

The G50 wireless is way better than the one I have at work, I also have one on my bass pedal board setup.

I like your Tremonti, that very well may be my next core guitar I buy.

I'm in the same boat, all of my amps are way too loud for my house. However, I wanted the 2nd 2x12 cab for a couple reasons; first reason is that our sound guy we use in a couple of my bands doesn't have a good monitor mix on stage for us. So having this will help me hear a little better like my old 4x12 cab allowed. Second reason is that it looks great... and gives me a rig that rivals my bass players 8x10 Ampeg cab! JK...

My Morpheus DropTune has an octave toggle switch but I've never really used it.

The G50 is great over the past few years that I've used one, however it uses a lot of power so I am not able to plug it into my power supply on my board.

Thanks, it definitely is the most comfortable and easy to play guitar I've ever owned. The weight doesn't bother me, the wool strap helps with that.

Back