2x NGD: Custom 22 & S2 Mira

pauloqs

PRS McCarty
Hard tail 2008 Custom 22 made in 2009 in royal blue with a Wide Thin neck, moon inlays and dragon II pickups. Super light weighing 7 lbs 1.3 oz. The finish has most certainly faded over time. I thing the original owner kept it on a stand instead of its case or gig bag. Plays great. Tuners are a bit stiff, any suggestions are welcome. I’m thinking lubrication or losening something, not so much replacement route. I’m thinking in replacing the rotary switch with a McCarty switching with push/pull tone pot. Maybe some new pickup rings and the newer lampshade knobs. I got it for $1,580.00 not a steal, but not a bad deal either. A fair price, I think.

The S2 Mira (McCarty Tobacco Sunburst), what can I say? You guys weren’t kidding. The thing is amazing. What a beast of a guitar. Pattern Regular neck is amazing. This is the most comfortable guitar... In the world!!! Super light (6 lbs 7.5 oz). Rounded fretboard edges and neck feels played in. Whoever say that S2’s are no better than SE’s better share whatever they’re smoking. To me the S2’s are on par with the Core in terms of built quality. The difference is noted, for instance, the blade switch is super smooth but not as smooth as the ones used in the Core line. I got it new for $1,035.00. I know I could get it used for less, but I’m happy with my purchase.

Without further ado, here they are:
jNi3Doe.jpg

4Tyl8sJ.jpg

E67MH4S.jpg

Awesome scores, beautiful guitars! Congrats

I am waiting on my Mira to arrive, maybe May.

Outstanding! That's a great day, for sure. And, the Purple Hazel I just bought back used to be that Cu22s twin! Moons, stop tail, 5 way, and Royal Blue.

Congrats! That will be a perfecta trifecta when the SC arrives :)

The perfect quintet. I also have a Faded Blue McCarty and a Aquamarine Custom 24-08. The Mira is definitely the odd one out, but man, I’ve never fallen in love with a guitar this fast.

Outstanding! That's a great day, for sure. And, the Purple Hazel I just bought back used to be that Cu22s twin! Moons, stop tail, 5 way, and Royal Blue.

I like that guitar even more now. I probably won’t be getting a Forum Guitar, so this CU22 will be my forum guitar.

Also, I had something similar happen to me with a LP. I traded in a LP Studio for a Standard. Months went by and I couldn’t stop thinking about the LP Studio. Eventually I got it back. I don’t often play it, but every time I do it gives me great joy. The reason I don’t play the Studio as often as I used to is my growing PRS collection.

Rounded fretboard edges and neck feels played in. Whoever say that S2’s are no better than SE’s better share whatever they’re smoking. To me the S2’s are on par with the Core in terms of built quality.

Agreed. The S2’s are really excellent guitars for the money, especially the stoptails which have a USA bridge.

Oh, and I dig the Custom 22 too. The faded blue looks excellent.

Awesome scores, beautiful guitars! Congrats

I am waiting on my Mira to arrive, maybe May.

GC has two left in their warehouse, I believe. One is black and one in cherry red. They’re out of McCarty. Just putting it out there in case you don’t wanna wait.

GC has two left in their warehouse, I believe. One is black and one in cherry red. They’re out of McCarty. Just putting it out there in case you don’t wanna wait.

I appreciate the thought. :cool:

I am just about done dealing with GC, and would rather wait for Sweetwater, as they take excellent care of me. :)

I appreciate the thought. :cool:

I am just about done dealing with GC, and would rather wait for Sweetwater, as they take excellent care of me. :)

Are you willing to go Semi-Hollow? If so, Sweetwater has an S2 Mira Semi-Hollow in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst coming in in a couple of weeks or days. Maybe check with your sales engineer. Granted, that means an extra $100.

Edit: I’ve been very lucky with my local GC. They’ve been nothing but great. Maybe it’s an East Bay Area, CA prop 65 that determined that sucking at their jobs is highly carcinogenic ;) In all seriousness, I feel like I live in a bubble where GC is actually pretty amazing. I have my go-to guys there too. With that said, Sweetwater is fantastic. I absolutely share the sentiment of wanting to support those guys.

Last edited:
Back