2nd PRS recommendation

The 594 isn't a bad option, it will be different from the DGT. The Special 22 Semi-Hollow could be another suggestion and the core version now comes with the 58/15LT pickups, which might fit the bill you are in to low wind pickups. The Cu24 is another style of guitar, more modern and good if you need those last two frets. The MEV or a Pauls Guitar are two other (and fairly similar) options with more modern and very clear sounding pickups.

The DGT pickups aren't actually very low wind, at least not the bridge which is fairly hot (for a PAF style pickup) at about 9 kOhm.
It is an alnico 2 pickup though. So a little less aggressive than an alnico 5 pickup.

I mean everyone raves about the MEV and here is a sweet Wood Library, roasted flame neck, seafoam green one!! https://eddiesguitars.com/product/e...eagle-v-torrefied-maple-neck-seafoam-green-2/

Otherwise I strongly, strongly recommend a studio, crazy versatile with good inventory out there.

I myself have a Special Semi-Hollow coming. They are well loved by many here, extremely versatile, very different from your DGT and again there's a pretty good inventory of nice ones out there.

I’d say special semi hollow with the MT pickups, especially with a swamp ash back and maple neck.

Or how about an 2012 P-22? McCarty thickness body, jumbo frets, pattern regular neck, 53/10 pickups and a great Baggs acoustic pickup system in the wraparound bridge in Goldtop with moons.. I just love mine, (pictured on the left) and very very different sounding than my DGT

Thanks for all the helpful insights. I am looking at a Custom 24 with some unusual features currently. I really don't need another guitar but as you all understand, I have the bug right now to get one.

Thanks for all the helpful insights. I am looking at a Custom 24 with some unusual features currently. I really don't need another guitar but as you all understand, I have the bug right now to get one.
I think the amount of people on this forum who "really needs" a guitar can be counted on a hand without fingers. And the hand missing too probably.

Just pulled the trigger on a custom 24 with swamp ash body and maple neck (wood library so nice looking wood). It also is an unusual satin finish tiger maple top with smoked hardware and metal pickups. Not sure about the pickups but they can be swapped out if necessary. Should be here in a few days and I will share a photo or two if so desired.

I already have a nice semi hollow body - Collings SoCo Deluxe with Dollar low wind pickups. I also own a strat and tele (2 of them) that I really don't play anymore but might one day when the need arises. Love my DGT and hope this more modern custom 24 will fill in the other end of the guitar playing spectrum for me.

Just pulled the trigger on a custom 24 with swamp ash body and maple neck (wood library so nice looking wood). It also is an unusual satin finish tiger maple top with smoked hardware and metal pickups. Not sure about the pickups but they can be swapped out if necessary. Should be here in a few days and I will share a photo or two if so desired.

I already have a nice semi hollow body - Collings SoCo Deluxe with Dollar low wind pickups. I also own a strat and tele (2 of them) that I really don't play anymore but might one day when the need arises. Love my DGT and hope this more modern custom 24 will fill in the other end of the guitar playing spectrum for me.
Look forward to NGD centerfold pics!

I'm going to commend you for following your own compass. All you get in 'what should I get' threads is "Ooo - Ooo - get what I have!"

Only you really know what's gonna work for you. Excellent choice!

I'm going to commend you for following your own compass. All you get in 'what should I get' threads is "Ooo - Ooo - get what I have!"

Only you really know what's gonna work for you. Excellent choice!
I agree, but I have to say my "what should I get?" posts were helpful. I may have or not have gotten what they recommended but I learned a lot about the different PRS available and found a couple I wouldn't have even thought of. I'm excited for your find, @T3mp !

Well, I am glad that you picked the CU24.. after all, it is THE PRS guitar.. everything else is just "I dont really like THE PRS guitar so i want blah blah.."

kinda like being a Fender fan and not having a strat, a Gibson fan but not having an LP..lol

and yes, my PRS is a 594..lol

I agree, but I have to say my "what should I get?" posts were helpful. I may have or not have gotten what they recommended but I learned a lot about the different PRS available and found a couple I wouldn't have even thought of. I'm excited for your find, @T3mp !
Gosh darn it, that's a good point, too!

"If Gemyneye is right, how can you be right?"

"Wait, are you saying that logically, we can't both be right?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"How about if one of us is in an alternate universe?"

"Uhhh...let me guess. You're the one in the alternate universe, correct?"

"Depends on your point of view."

Gosh darn it, that's a good point, too!

"If Gemyneye is right, how can you be right?"

"Wait, are you saying that logically, we can't both be right?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"How about if one of us is in an alternate universe?"

"Uhhh...let me guess. You're the one in the alternate universe, correct?"

"Depends on your point of view."
Ah but we can both be right. Depending on which point you landed in the timeline and in which universe AND the person for which the post was made!

Back