2nd 594 NGD today: DC 594 Soapbar in Dark Cherry Sunburst!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
Apologies this one isn't as mind-blowing as the earlier NGD. :)

I said in that previous NGD thread "this time around" with the 594s (after my crazy 2016 and 2017 with the 594s, and then the 2 year hiatus with just the one) I have a new strategy - to build a collection of complementary and different 594s, across the broader lineup that is now available". Well, in that vein, here is a DC 594 Soapbar!

mK6lTDo.jpg

W1ZNPRs.jpg

JY59BFG.jpg

I was looking at SC and DC Soapbars, and sort of had in my head that I wanted an SC, but this one caught my eye with regards to top and finish, and I got a great deal on it.

First impressions - Sounds and plays great! Gotta have Soapbars in the mix if I am trying to build an "Epic" 594 collection! ;)

Last edited:
That is just classic gorgeous! As awesome as your new PS is, this is my favorite color out of the two. Nice way to make a (re)entrance.

Apologies this one isn't as mind-blowing as the earlier NGD. :)

I said in that previous NGD thread "this time around" with the 594s (after my crazy 2016 and 2017 with the 594s, and then the 2 year hiatus with just the one) I have a new strategy - to build a collection of complementary and different 594s, across the broader lineup that is now available". Well, in that vein, here is a DC 594 Soapbar!

mK6lTDo.jpg

W1ZNPRs.jpg

JY59BFG.jpg

I was looking at SC and DC Soapbars, and sort of had in my head that I wanted an SC, but this one caught my eye with regards to top and finish, and I got a great deal on it.

First impressions - Sounds and plays great! Gotta have Soapbars in the mix if I am trying to build an "Epic" 594 collection! ;)
Dark Cherry Sunburst is on the all-time list and on the MUST-HAVE LIST!

Thanks, everyone!

I don't recommend a double NGD - very overwhelming! ;) Mentally exhausting trying to play both through different amps and experiment with the pickup selections and volume and tone settings.

Both are great guitars! I am most pleasantly surprised by this Soapbar. It is really great, and very versatile! Lots of cool and tasty tones from this guitar.

Dark Cherry Sunburst is on the all-time list and on the MUST-HAVE LIST!

Yes, absolutely!! I love this finish. Especially with a cool vintage top like this one.

Back