25 years in… NGD - 594 WL

f6vxBLT.jpg

lxmT1Am.jpg

Some quilt maple upgrades from @docteurseb - I must say, he did an awesome job on matching the stain and we selected some maple that we figured would come closest to matching the top(had a couple choices). I’m super happy with the work he did. Great job!

7Q0U612.jpg

q6uaCTt.jpg

zFyd42q.jpg

OmGiU2Q.jpg
I have yet to take the photos to showcase the good Doctor's work, but it is on my to do list! He really is good at getting those matches right!! Made my WL and Core look like PS material IMO!!! Yours look great, congrats on the upgrades!!!

Some quilt maple upgrades from @docteurseb - I must say, he did an awesome job on matching the stain and we selected some maple that we figured would come closest to matching the top(had a couple choices). I’m super happy with the work he did. Great job!

7Q0U612.jpg

q6uaCTt.jpg

zFyd42q.jpg

OmGiU2Q.jpg
Those look great!
Excellent work using the beach towel, btw. Gotta remember this.;):D

Thanks ! I'm very happy for you as it's often a crap shot matching stains (even when you have the guitar in hand).
Charcoal looks deceptibly simple but unless you get the concentration and wood right you can't get that high contrast effect you have on your 594.

That's a great upgrade. Because of this thread I had to buy some new tuner buttons for my 594. I ordered the same beach towel too.

jqlzcMeh.jpg

AE9ovn2h.jpg
I think these look great on any prs with binding and the bone nut. A slightly more classic look on the modern tuners. Still considering the silver color SS thumb screws to further that even more.

Shameless plug: I made two other sets in charcoal+gloss backplates and TRC when I made @vchizzle 's covers. One set is curly maple, the other is quilt with the same figuring as the above (same piece of wood).
Those are ready to go, just PM me if interested.

Back