25 years in… NGD - 594 WL

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
SHrX00n.jpg

i2jjf1H.jpg

07ckRj6.jpg

B4Xw1Sm.jpg

su5e1Oo.jpg

So…as most charcoal tops, the grain and detailed little nuances inside the quilt are incredible! I will try to capture at some point. Top looks way cooler in person. I haven’t had a charcoal in over 5 years and am super stoked to have one back in the fold!

The neck feels incredible! Exactly what I wanted. The flame in the neck moves a lot in the light at different angles. The fretboard is the lightest I have. I usually prefer darker boards, but I kinda like having this be a bit different. It is Brazilian which is my preference.

As I’m typing this, I get a pop up for auction ending on bone phase III tuner buttons. Those gold ones gotta go- it’s the only thing I dislike on the guitar so far.

A quick unplugged play through, I found no dead spots on the fretboard after playing all frets. There’s a nice chime and a whole lotta resonance going on. That’s awesome as it’s one of the important things for me to hear and feel that resonance unplugged! Lots of riiiiiiiinnnnnng….

That’s all for now, going to plug in with headphones on the captor x, won’t be able to hear through a cabinet for several hours yet.

Big shout out to DFD at Wild Cat Guitars. I’ve known him for a good decade now. We’ve been close to doing some deals a few times. I’m always looking for something specific so it’s hard for me make something happen at the right time. This one popped up in my Reverb feed after I’d given up on finding a charcoal 594 with a roasted maple neck. Right time, right place, righteous guy. He shot this out to me quick with some nice swag to go along! Thanks Doug!

That is incredible.

If any of y'all haven't seen a "Charcoal" finished PRS (I'm not talking about the black-backed "charcoal burst;" I'm talking about this one here that doesn't fade to black, and has the medium-brown back & neck), you really need to see it in-person. It's just stunning. And the neck on this one makes it even better!

Back