24 Fret 594

mdj999

Am I the only one that wants this? I love everything about my 594 but usually play 24 fret models.

Not sure it would still be a "594" unless we fit 24 frets into the exact scale....

For the sake of conversation let's say you wanted to go Private Stock to get this; if nobody has done it you would REALLY have to want this configuration change as the upcharge is pretty hefty. Trust me...I wanted to do a full hollow-body SC 594 but the cost was prohibitive.

what I would like to know is how many people actually USE the frets from 22-24.

To me its not the 2 extra frets on a " 24 " its the even easier access to anything above the 12th, and I think the neck pickup on a 24 fret can be more useable in some cases
If you have played or owned a Santana for me anything to give you a bit more space up high would be welcome, for me 594 Santana would be killer IMHO it would be even better at 25" Scale for me !!!

i get it, im just curious now how many people are playing way up there on a regular basis.

I mostly like 24 frets because visually it helps me to see two groups of 12 frets, for improvisation the 24 frets is much better for me.

Rider and I agree on this, its not that we go to 23 and 24 that much its just that playing in "A" is sooo much easier with 24 frets.

Point #2 24.5 vs 594 - YES its a BIG deal!!! I have owned a Santana and sold it mostly due to the scale. I now own a 594 scale SC and absolutely no issue with the frets getting too tight up high.

I would really like a CU 24 594 trem + piezo + a thicker back (even more than a P24).

I like the way a 24 fret neck plays. I've used the extra frets in only two or three solos...Santana solos.

Back