20th Anniversary Standard Help

fender1punk

Certified Guitar Hoarder
Bought a used 20th anniversary standard from GC. Case came with a 5 way rotary switch. Was wondering if the toggle was standard or did the previous owner swap out the switches.

I think they could be ordered either way, but the rotary in the case probably means it was swapped out.

Like Les said , It is a common mod to put a toggle in for those who don't get along with the rotary , see if the tone is a push pull pot.
Nice looking guitar

It's not a "20th" anniverssary...The "20th's" had the special Bird inlays with wisps, a "20th" truss rod cover, lampshade knobs, and I thought, came in a matte finish! It might be a 2005 model, but it is not the anniverssary model...And yes, I do recall the "20th" standards came with three way switching!

It's not a "20th" anniverssary...The "20th's" had the special Bird inlays with wisps, a "20th" truss rod cover, lampshade knobs, and I thought, came in a matte finish! It might be a 2005 model, but it is not the anniverssary model...And yes, I do recall the "20th" standards came with three way switching!

According to the PRS book the standard (20th Anni or otherwise) had the 5 way. It is likely the one in the case is the original and the 3 way is aftermarket.

Bought a 20th CU24 (while on my honeymoon) and it had already been converted from a 5-way. Original parts were included -- huzzah!

That toggle switch looks taller/longer than 'normal' ... any close-up pix?

It actuall is a matte finish. Unfortunately it was filthy when I bought it. Haven't had time to reshoot it. The truss rod cover says 20th anniversary. It is hard to see in the photo because it looks worn.

Back